It's not that I was scared...

Y/n hummed to herself as she sat down on her porch and began knitting a scarf. She didn't need her eyes to knit, thankfully. Not to mention her roommate was sweet enough to take care of most things of hers. Y/n was able to wash herself by herself, and by now knew the layout of the house.

Her roommate's name was Niki, and she was always so sweet and patient with Y/n. She didn't know how she ended up so lucky with a roommate like Niki. She was gentle and allowed Y/n to get settled in well and made sure everything was taken care of until Y/n could walk with her cane.

Now though, she barely needed it anymore. Y/n often spent her days knitting or gardening, and play with her kitten. She would bake with Niki but she said it was too dangerous. The older female was right with certain things, even if Y/n couldn't see that. Well...she couldn't see at all.

She didn't know who she was knitting the scarf for, just as a way to pass time she supposed. Fall was creeping up soon, so maybe she or Niki could wear it. Y/n was sure it was a lovely color, Niki picked it out for her!

Niki always picks the prettiest colors, even if I can't see them. I wonder what she looks like; probably like a rare wild flower in the late spring. Y/n smiled to herself, lost in her own thoughts. She felt her kitten brush up against her leg before trying to play with the excess yarn, as kittens do.

"Ah! Kiki, stop that." Y/n swatted the kitten away the best she could with her impaired vision. Kiki meowed before hopping over to the now open door where Niki was exiting. Y/n took note of the noise and glanced up, smiling gently.

"Hello, Y/n. I'm going to run into town and get some groceries, will you be okay to be alone for a few hours?"

"Of course! Be back soon."

Ranboo paced back and forth in his castle, thinking about his options. He wanted to go see the girl again, but he also didn't know where she was.

So, he went back to the flower field where he met her. It wasn't too late in the day, so hopefully she'd show up again.

In the meantime, he picked at some wild flowers that he could give her. He wondered what her favorites were without even realizing it, which may have seemed a bit odd, especially since they just met yesterday.

He flicked his tail back and forth as he continued on his flower picking journey, when he heard some rustling nearby. His ears perked up and snapped his head up towards the noise.

It was her! She came! She's here!

Ranboo smiled and his tail flicked back and forth happily. He made a purring noise as he walked near her, when he stopped. Why was he so happy to see her? Why was his heart beating so fast? Oh god, he was sweating now.

"Are you there?" she called out. Oh god, she noticed him. Be cool Ranboo, be cool.

"Yeah. I'm here." he said. He was lucky his voice didn't crack when he said that sentence.

"It's nice to see you again."

"Y-You too," Oh god, why did he stutter? He knows she heard it. "I wanted to ask you something."

"Ask away." Her voice was so soft. It was so nice, and her smile was so cute.

"What's your name...?"

"It's Y/n. What's yours?"

"Ranboo."

"Interesting. I think it fits you."

"Thank you," Ranboo didn't want the conversation to end so soon, plus he wanted to give her the flowers. He used his tail to grab the bouquet. "I got you these." Oh god, he was shaking. He hoped she wouldn't notice.

"Oh! Thank you, Ranboo. That's so thoughtful of you," she giggled. Y/n took a sniff of the flowers and put a content smile on her face. "They smell really nice."

"Y-Yeah. I like the flowers here." Oh god, where was this going? Nowhere!

"I brought my kitten with me. She's in my backpack; I named her Kiki. What about yours?" And just like that a little kitten head poked out of the backpack and let out a small little meow.

"She's so cute."

"I know right?" Y/n pulled the small cat out of her backpack and began to pet it and cradle it like a baby. "I'm glad Niki let me keep her."

"Niki?" Y/n nodded.

"She takes care of me since I'm blind and can't take care of myself. I can see figures of people if they're close, but other than that I can't see anything. We don't live far, if you'd like to visit."

"R-Really?" Ranboo stuttered. He was nervous about going out of his comfort zone, but Y/n seemed so sweet. Maybe it was okay to trust mankind just this once?

"Yeah! You can visit anytime. You seem nice." she giggled.

"Maybe. Where do you live?"

"I live just over the hill around here. I would point to where it is but...I kinda can't."

"...right. Maybe I'll visit."

"Okay! Well, I best be off then, thank you for talking to me again." Y/n bowed and walked off before turning back to him.

"Actually, can you put me in the direction of the hill?" Ranboo nodded but realized she couldn't see.

He slowly and shakily grabbed Y/n's shoulders and shifted her to where the hill was.

"Thanks! And no need to be so nervous, okay?" Ranboo nodded.

"I'll try." Ranboo ended up secretly following her to her house the whole time.

For her safety, of course. He also realized he never answered her question about his kitten. He'd find another day.

...You were just so beautiful.