Lead me to land she loves that is so green...

Ranboo watched Y/n intently through the tall grass as she knitted a scarf. He wondered why the girl was knitting it in the first place. He also saw that kitten again who was laying next to her feet.

He didn't realize how long he had been watching her until she went inside. Ranboo shrugged it off but felt his heart drop when he realized it was sunset. He had been there all DAY? How embarrassing for him. No matter, he'd just go home.

Turning around he let out a squeal when he saw a woman staring up at him with a pissed-off expression.

"I-I promise I can explain-"

"Oh I'd LOVE to hear why you've been spying on my roommate for the past four hours," the girl yelled. Ranboo looked behind him to see Y/n looking right at them. He never felt more scared in his life.

"Niki? What's going on?"

"Nothing, Y/n! Just an intruder," Y/n gasped and picked up the kitten at her foot.

"I'll go get my ax!"

"No- I've got it, just go inside, okay?" Niki sighed but was glad that Y/n obliged.

"Listen- Y/n and I met yesterday and it was completely innocent-" Ranboo started and gulped when Niki pulled out a sword. "I think I should just go." and just like that the enderman hybrid teleported away. The pink-haired girl just huffed and went inside the cottage she shared with Y/n.

She saw Y/n sitting on the loveseat with the new kitten on her lap. It was a cute little thing, "Do you have a name for them yet?" Y/n nodded. The two had the kitten for a few days, but couldn't come up with a name yet.

"I want to name her Boo."

Ranboo took in a deep breath and let himself calm down. His heart was beating wildly as he sunk down on an oak tree he teleported to.

"I almost got sliced...I didn't realize she had a guard," he mumbled. Ranboo let himself calm his heart down a bit more before heading back to his own home. It was a small cave but it was cozy and let him sleep. It was damp but Ranboo had leaves that he laid on to keep him dry.

He knew where she lived now though. This was progress! Soon, she'll actually be friends with him. That was his goal for the time being. He just had to ensure he wasn't spotted by her guard again.

Ranboo rolled on his side and drifted off to sleep, happily thinking about the human he met.

Y/n hummed a small tune she was often familiar with as she wandered in the flower field near her house. She was taking Boo for a walk while Niki went and gathered food for dinner tonight. She also finished knitting a scarf last night and planned to give it to her new acquaintance if he happened to show up.

She grabbed a flower and took a whiff of it, noting that it was a daffodil based on its smell. She picked a few more and listened closely for the sound of footsteps. They were light and soft- those were Ranboo's footsteps. She stood up and listened carefully.

"Ranboo?"

Ranboo smiled softly and walked up to her. "It's me. Did you miss me?"

Y/n nodded silently and held the flowers she just picked in her hands. "Here, have these." she gave Ranboo the flowers, causing him to go red in the face. His tail swished back and forth happily as he took in the scent of the flowers.

"Thank you! I'll cherish them greatly." Ranboo held them tightly and looked at Y/n as she sat down in the grass field. Ranboo quickly joined her and they sat in silence.

Ranboo didn't mind, he just simply admired her. Her e/c eyes were dull due to her blindness, but Ranboo still thought they were beautiful.

"Do you have any family?" she asked.

"Not anymore," Ranboo frowned. He didn't want to talk about what the people he was supposed to call his "family" had done to him or the only person that considered him "family" in a way. Ranboo didn't ever consider him as family, and he never will. Not after everything that bastard put him through. 

"You don't consider me family?" Ranboo froze. He knew that voice all too well, and he hated it. Luckily Y/n couldn't hear it, but he sure could. The voice that haunts him day and night telling him horrible things about himself and others.

"Ranboo? Are you okay?" she asked. The tall hybrid nodded.

"Yeah," and let her ramble on about her family. 

"What's the matter, old friend? Won't even respond to me anymore?" Whenever the voice in his head decided to make itself known to Ranboo, the most outside sound would be blocked out. So he was pretty annoyed that he kept talking when Y/n was talking.

"Is she seriously that fucking important to you? She's going to fucking die and you'll be alone again! No point in getting attached!" the voice yelled. Ranboo unintentionally winced and Y/n heard him whimper. Why was he so loud? 

"Ranboo, are you okay?" Y/n put a hand on his shoulder and instantly felt soothed. The voice shouts slowly began to dissipate until he could hear it no more.

"I'm okay now, thank you." he smiled, even though he knew she couldn't see it.

"I'm glad. The breeze today is really nice." Ranboo looked to the sunset and hummed in agreement. 

"It might be because the sun is going down soon," Y/n gasped and stood up from her place in the grass. She felt around for Boo and picked the kitten up when she felt him. 

"I have to go! Niki is preparing dinner tonight. Thank you for talking to me again. Can we try and make this a reoccurring thing? I come here most days," Ranboo stood up right after and felt his cow-like tail swish back and forth in excitement. 

"I'd love to! I mean...that would be nice." Y/n nodded before pulling something out of her satchel, which she also knitted. 

"Before I go, I made this scarf for you. It's getting colder and I wouldn't want you catching a cold."

Ranboo admired the handwoven scarf before grabbing it and putting it on him. "Thank you Y/n, it's lovely." The girl nodded and began to walk away.

"I'll see you later then Ranboo!" 

Ranboo waved even if she couldn't see it. 

"How cute. I bet you can't wait to peel off her skin and wear it like a coat," the voice said. Ranboo felt disgusted with himself for allowing his brain to imagine such a horrible thing, but that's what the voice did best. Terrorize him.

"I will do no such-" Before Ranboo could finish his sentence he began hysterically coughing and fell to his knees. He began gagging from how bad his coughing fit was before feeling something fall into his hands. 

It was a petal. 

...so she'll stay a while with me.

I don't wanna talk about how long this has been in the drafts, or how long its been since I updated this