E L E V E N

☆

..:* BABY BLUES ..:*
act one — the test
( 🤎🌫👼🏼☁️)

"Lando, are you ready? Were going to be late!" Thea called up the stairs to him, slightly annoyed at the fact that he wasnt fully finished getting ready for the last hospital appointment before they went to Barcelona for pre-season testing. They were leaving for the airport later on in the night, so they could get there earlier than others so they could relax in the Spanish sun, instead of the rainy British weather, before the stress of the weekend ahead. However, today wasn't stress free at all; Thea was stressed and overthought about many things. She was stressed in case the cameras caught her bump and started rumours, she was stressed in case they missed their flight, she was stressed about forgetting anything important whilst they were gone and she was stressed about not being able to see the baby.

If today's ultrasound went smoothly, the doctor had confirmed that Lando and Thea would be able to know their baby's gender, it was exciting news for the young parents to hear. Neither one of them cared about what gender their baby would be as long as it was healthy, but Thea knew that Lando secretly hoped for a boy. She knew that he loved the idea of being able to take him karting, not that he couldn't do the same if he had a daughter, and being able to hopefully carry on the Norris name in formula one.

"I'm ready, you go wait in the car. Ill be out in a minute!" Lando replied back to her, running down the stairs, nearly crashing into her, as he tried to find a pair of shoes that matched his outfit. Having a feeling that he would find out his baby's gender today, he wanted to discreetly wear something that was blue and pink; Thea found it quite cute how in love he was with the baby already, it melted her heart every time she heard him talking to his Jon or Carlos about it.

"The baby's gonna be here before you're ready" Thea told her, as she walked out the front door to get inside the warm McLaren that Lando had gotten when he joined the team. Lando laughed at what she had said, unaware that she wasnt joking. He could tell that something was off was Thea and Lando had no clue about what it was, she'd been acting different since the previous night when she didn't want to join Lando's stream and just went straight to bed without a single word.

Lando's stream lasted a couple of hours last night, she could hear his shouts and laughter from across the hall, wanting nothing more than just a bit of quiet. She was grateful once the shouting and louder noises had stopped, only hearing him talking about the new season that he was looking forward to, answering some questions that the chat had asked and he just spent his time catching up with everybody. But the longer Thea was alone, the more she let her own thoughts run wild.

Overthinking was horrible.

Once she started overthinking and imagining scenarios, she couldn't stop herself. It was as if she wasnt in control of her own body sometimes, and it drained her. Every night, it was emotionally and mentally draining to feel as if you're never good enough or that you're never going to live up to people expectations of you yet she constantly kept it to herself. Thea never wanted anybody to find out about what happened in her mind every single night, especially not Lando. She didn't want him to think of her as weak and she certainty did not want to imagine what others would say about it behind her back; it was bad enough when her own mind did it.