E I G H T E E N

☆

..:*BABY BLUES..:*
act two - the pregnancy
(🤍🦋👼🏼💌)

Authors note: a lil update because it's my birthday!!!

Waking up in Lando's arms was by far Thea's thing to do, other than obsess over her baby, because even though his bed was bigger than a normal double and had more than enough room for the pair of them, he would always be wanting to cuddle her whenever he got the chance to. When they cuddled with each other, Lando did a thing to make sure that she was definitely comfortable and in a position to fall asleep in, if she wanted or needed to. Little things like that made her fall more and more in love with him daily.

This time when they cuddled it was a little more different than others, due to the four month baby bump getting in the way of being able to properly snuggle into each other, meaning they had to adjust their sleeping position. Instead of her head resting on Lando's chest with her arms around her waist, her back was now against his chest whilst his arms were wrapped around her waist and their fingers locked when their hands met. Lando was like Thea's personal pregnancy pillow, even if the one that he had ordered her was sitting in a box by the front door ready to be unpacked and used. Both her other and Cisca had recommended a pregnancy pillow to Thea as it can help her get better sleep as its more comfortable than not having one, causing her to tell Lando all about it before he bought her the best one that money could buy.

Now Thea hated when people spent money on her, especially Lando, as she hated the press and the public creating an image of her that was false. An image that she was only in it for the money and fame, despite them being friends since their first day of high school; it was all very confusing at times. And she understood it was the press' job to create headlines but what she didn't understand was the fact that it had to be so negative all of the time. For example if one of the drivers were seen with a woman, she'd be ripped to shreds not only by the media but also by some fans who believed that she didn't deserve to be seen with the person. Some fans even going to hate on and slut shame the woman for posting pictures of her body on her instagram. It was something that Thea was very passionate about and she always told herself to never let her negative emotions show in front of a camera, or else there would be headlines written abut her.

She could clearly remember a time when she was on her period whilst being at one of the races with Lando, and without knowing it, she looked as if she had a mood. Yet despite it being early in the morning in a cold country and also being on, the press took it to their full advantage. They wrote headlines and stories about her and they wrote about how ungrateful she was to be there and how she didn't deserve to be allowed to come to the races, causing her to get backlash from most of Lando's fans and from people she didn't even know online.