T W E L V E

☆

..:* BABY BLUES ..:*
act one — the test
( 🤎🌫👼🏼☁️)

"...a baby boy" The phrase that she heard brought both Thea and Lando to tears, finally knowing the gender of their baby. She had always dreamed of having a boy to raise him like a little gentleman with respect for women and manners but also to show him the world of racing, just like Lando wanted to do if it was a boy. Both of their dreams had come true.

"That's our little boy." Lando whispered but it was loud enough for Thea to hear, his eyes locked on the ultrasound whilst he moved his hand to hers, interlocking their fingers as if it was natural for them to do. Dr Parker could tell that the young parents wanted a few minutes to themselves, taking it as her cue to leave the room to collect the ultrasound photos. It was a habit they picked up on; at any chance they could, they would would be holding hands and either one of them would be tracing shapes on the back of the others hand, it was mostly Lando doing this as Thea played with his hair. Yet right now was different, his hand was in between both of hers as she looked at him with no feeling over than love and admiration for him and their growing baby.

Knowing that she was staring at him, he turned his face to the side to get a better look at his soulmate who had a beaming smile on her face and tears in her eyes, a few already running down her cheeks. Reaching out for her, he placed his padded thumb on her cheek, gently wiping away the tears that had fallen from her green eyes, their faces now closer than before, one more move and they would end up kissing. Flicking his eyes from her eyes to her lips, both of them could feel the other coming closer, her breath hitching in her throat as she looked down at his lips, the lips that she had kissed a few times with no meaning behind it so why was she so nervous now?

She could feel his breath on her face by now, his thumb stroking her cheekbone as she began to close her eyes waiting for their lips to touch. Everything was going perfectly at this moment, it was as if it was out of a story or a cliche movie, it was only them and that's al that mattered to them. It had always been them against the entire world, never giving up on each other as they knew they couldn't live without the other. Just when their lips were finally about to connect, the sound of the door opening startled the pair of them, both of them pulling away as quick as they could as Thea sucked in a long breath trying not to make eye contact with the man she almost kissed in the hospital room.

"Okay guys- I'm so sorry, did i just interrupt?" The doctor sincerely apologised, feeling terrible for ruining the moment.

"No, no, you're okay. Nothing happened." Thea's words spilled out of her mouth, desperately wanting the conversation to finish and to cut the awkward tension that had filled the atmosphere. She wanted nothing than to go back home and curl up in a blanket outside whilst she watched the rain in peace, she felt so embarrassed and Lando could tell this from her red flushed face and how quickly she was talking. After wiping away the gel on her stomach with the tissue that Dr Parker had given her and accepting the scan photos with a genuine smile, the pair silently began to leave the hospital but not without paying Sarah a very quick visit. "Hey Sarah."