─﹔ 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅𝗌 𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗆𝗂𝖺 𝖿𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗌 𝖽𝖾𝖾𝗉𝖾𝗋

𝖺𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗅, 𝟤𝟢𝟢𝟫

𝐌𝐢𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧❜𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐞. They had been talking as they had done in the past couple of weeks. Those stolen moments, hidden around the sm building where the girl let herself imagined there was nothing more important than him. She did not care about getting to the dorm late or the fact that she knew what she was doing was not allowed.

Kris had glanced at her with those damn deep brown eyes, on his face a small smirk growing as he leaned closer to her body in the dark and whispered in her ear, "are we going to go out sometime or you really—

"Yes!" she let out her answer on a squeak before he had time to finish what he was saying. When the girl realized what had just happened, her eyes burst open like windows, "I mean...when you say go out you mean...? Like, go out the two of us? Out of this building?" she rambled out pointing around the stairways they were sitting on.

Most people took the elevators of the building, so the staircase for emergencies was on most afternoons empty until the next day. They had figured that out after their third time sneaking around in the hallways of the basement.

Kris stared at her for a few seconds, but when the girl did not say anything else, he sighed, "I swear Amelia sometimes you just are..."

"What?" Mia cut him off again, giggling at seeing him so annoyed by her. "You need to be more specific."

The boy looked over at her again, this time in his eyes Mia could recognize the flicker of mockery. "Mia," he called out her name as his voice grew thicker and the smile wore off.

Their eyes met between the darkness as he asked, "would you like to go on a date with me? Just the two of us. Out of this building, what do you say princess?"

He was as always assured of what he was doing, but Mia felt enjoyment identifying the small tremble on the corner of his lips. He was as terrified of whatever the two of them had like she was.

In the kind of life, the one he was working towards. The one she already had and knew the consequences of having it, what both of them seemed to crave, could not be possible. They will take it away, and she would have lost it, her little escape. She would lose Kris.