𝐨𝐧𝐞

₊˚.༄

the bell had just rang for the second time as kaya rushed her way to first period. she wasn't looking forward for her english class.

"kaya, you're late. as usual." ms. welch firmly said.

"sorry, won't happen again" kaya said awkwardly, knowing it wasn't the first time she had made that promise and it wouldn't be the last.

she was about to take her usual seat, next to her friends, ethan and ava, when ms. welch suggested she would sit in the front.

"we both know your grades haven't been the best and i don't think sitting next to your friends would help" ms. welch whispered to kaya as she took her place on her new seat.

kaya just nodded, not making any effort to try convincing her teacher to let her stay with ethan and ava. deep down she knew ms. welch was right, her grades haven't been the best to say the least.

"hi there" a familiar voice said and there she was: olivia rodrigo, the person she hated the most now in the left seat next to hers.

"this is my worst nightmare" kaya said, rolling her eyes.

"i assigned you this seat to concentrate, not make new friends, kaya" the teacher said.

"trust me, we are not friends" kaya thought to herself but kept quiet and turned her head to pay attention to class.

₊˚.༄

after the last class of the day, kaya went straight to the bus stop, with her earphones on. she felt someone tap her on the shoulder and turned her head to see olivia standing next to her.

"not you... again" kaya said, stopping her music "what do you want that is so important i had to pause sofia by clairo?"

"i have a proposition" olivia said, waiting for kaya's response but she remained quiet so olivia continued "well, i overheard ms. welch talking to you about your grades and i think i can help you"

"now why would i ever want your help?" kaya laughed.

"maybe because i'm the best student in our english class?" olivia proudly said

"nerd" kaya whispered to herself. "what do you want, olivia? you wouldn't just come here volunteering to tutor me in english for free. you want something in return so spill it" kaya said, starting to get irritated.

"geez, okay." olivia hesitated to continue "i- well... i have a crush on your friend ethan" she shyly admitted.

kaya opened her eyes wide in shock but tried to hide her surprise.

"and how does that concern me?" kaya said but deep down she was curious to why olivia would have a crush on ethan out of everyone. i mean, of course he was attractive and fun but the fact that he was kaya's best friend made the whole situation weird.

"this will sound dumb but... i really want your help to get to know him and maybe in exchange i can tutor you for free?" olivia smiled.

"it does sound dumb and it isn't for free if you want something in return, dummy" kaya playfully said.

"okay but what do you think?" olivia took a deep breath.

kaya was about to reply but the bus had gotten there. "we'll talk about this later" she said as the bus' door closed, leaving olivia standing there alone.

olivia likes her best friend, kaya thought to herself the entire bus ride. she kept repeating that information in her head and it started bothering her. why was she hurt? she didn't like ethan, she saw him as her brother. and she obviously didn't have any feelings for olivia... right? i mean, they hated each other. they've been hating each other since they can remember. she ignored her thoughts and played her music again, putting the volume up.

she got home and showered, changing to some comfortable clothes and getting in bed ready to rewatch mamma mia for the eighth time. as soon as she got in bed with some popcorn ready for the movie, she got a notification on her phone.

₊˚.༄

oliviahi

olivia
hi

kaya
please make it stopppp
why are you talking to me
and how did u even get my number

olivia
god you're so dramatic
i got it from ur friend alana

kaya
ugh that bitch

olivia
so...?

kaya
so what?

olivia
are u in?

kaya
u know that's a stupid idea right u can just to talk to ethan and get to know him like a normal person

olivia
it's not that easy
...ARE YOU IN?

kaya
i'll probably regret this but...
yes

olivia
pleasure making business with ya
:)

₊˚.༄

kaya locked her phone screen, pressing play on the movie but she couldn't concentrate. she kept imagining ethan and olivia together, as a couple. that thought made kaya sick to her stomach and feel something she had never felt before. jealously.

˚.

author's note

hello everyone! i got this idea late at night and wanted to write it so here i am. english isn't my first language so sorry if there are any grammar mistakes. i know this chapter was short but i'll make the next chapters longer!
see you soon <3