Grom, and a Small Problem

"Luz, watch out!"

Amity watched in horror as the monster Grometheus charged at the girl, who had been forced down to her hands and knees due to her injuries. The witch reached out, sobbing. She begged the girl to move, to do anything, but she was out of glyphs and out of time.

The monster rushed with a roar, slamming its full weight on the frightened girl. It started to slowly envelop around Luz, absorbing her into its body where she would quickly drown and die, giving it even more strength that would make it harder to capture than the last time years ago.

"NO!" Amity screamed in pain, sobbing as tears started to spill down her face.

"Go Amity, it's alright if he takes me. Just promise you'll run and get yourself out of here." Luz said with a weak smile, not bothering to even fight back any longer.

The same limb Grom used to look for both girl's fears reattached to her, only this time rather it made Luz's mind go completely blank. Even if she had been fighting back, she wouldn't have had a chance now. Amity wouldn't have it.

"Luz!"

She forced herself to her feet, ignoring the aches in her own body and burying her fear down deep. The only fear she had left now was losing Luz. Placing herself in front of the monster, she wrapped her arms tightly around Luz's body and started pulling back against him.

Grometheus growled angrily, and as his body made quicker work of pulling the human in Amity felt herself getting pulled along with her.

"Luz wake up, fight him please!" She begged as she struggled.

"Me duele..." The girl whimpered softly.

She felt something stir inside of herself. It started out as a seed of fear, which quickly blossomed and grew into an ugly anger. She wouldn't let him win. No matter what it took.

"You can't have her!" She roared.

In that moment she felt sparks and flames ignite inside of her, escaping through the hands that clutched so desperately to the girl she loved. She didnt know what spell she casted, in fact she didn't really care. All she wanted was to save Luz. So, she let the natural instincts of her magic take over without question.

Grom snarled as a bright light flashed before her eyes. She gasped in surprise and fell back as she felt Luz come free before she was gone from her arms.

Blinded, it took some time before she was able to see clearly again. The flash of light, whatever it was, had sent her flying back. She'd hit the ground hard, and would definitely be left with more scrapes and bruises but she didn't care. There was only one thing on her mind now...

"Luz?" She choked out, the air having been knocked out of her. "Luz where are you?"

She couldn't see her anywhere in the clearing, and was quickly starting to feel dread weigh her down for whatever spell it was she let her body cast. She finally caught something, her ears twitching as she tilted her head to hear at a better angle.

"Amity..."

The voice was very weak and faint, but she knew it was Luz.

"Luz, where are you?" She called out in panic.

"Amity..."

When she located the source her eyes widened in horror.

"Luz..."

It was too much.

Luz was furled up in a ball on the ground about a foot away from her. She was trembling and whimpering from the pain she clearly felt, and she was only roughly around the size of Amity's pointer finger.