1- Evening Practice

Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran

The door that led to Seans spacious garage creaked open quietly as his dance partner, Kaycee returned from her bathroom break. Her curly caramel locks bounced in the air as she carelessly skipped towards her best friend. They had been rehearsing for a contemporary piece which they were going to film as part of a project they had been asked to take part in. This was their sixth day and they almost had it all down.

"You took like 20 years!" Sean playfully nagged as Kaycee neared him.

"What!? It was barely 15 minutes, stop being dramatic." She laughed and nudged his shoulder just before he walked over to turn on the speakers.

Kiss me by Ed Sheeran began playing in the background, it was loud enough in order for them to focus on the rhythm yet they could still comfortably speak and hear each other over the music.

"Alright, get into position." Sean rolled his neck in a circle and rotated his shoulders in an attempt to relieve himself. Tension and fatigue had engulfed his body after such a long and hectic day of practice, he and Kaycee had been at it since the late morning and it was now nearly 7:00 pm.

"Were staring from the end bit, right?" Kaycee inquired as she put her hair up into a high pony.

"Yeah, I think we have everything else under control, just need to touch up a little towards the end."

Kaycee noticed how tired he looked and she didn't doubt that she was probably in the same exact state. Even though she knew how strict and insistent Sean was with himself when it came to rehearsing choreography she could never help but worry about him. He overworked himself a little too much sometimes but never seemed to realize.

"Sean... I'm tired." She sighed taking her small hands up to her temples and rubbing them gently.

"I know Kaycee, I'm tired too but we only have two more days before we film this... just one more time and then we're done, I promise." He grabbed her wrist and tugged her towards him, signaling for her to get into position.

Once the correct part of the song came on they both began to dance along, creating other-worldly angles and shapes together. They moved as one like smooth ocean waves seamlessly morphing into the waters surface. Even in their drained state their talent shone through and their connection to one another was evident.

It was hot inside the garage and Seans dark hair stuck to his face as he dipped low and swung his petite partner around. They put their all into the dance and though they hadn't perfected the choreography just yet, it still came together beautifully. 

As the song drew nearer to its end, the two dancers harmoniously fell into their closing position. Now this is where they had been struggling, at the end of the romantic piece they were supposed to come closer. Seans hand on Kaycees cheek and Kaycees hands on his chest as they leaned into each other for an "almost kiss", or at least that what the choreographer they'd been working with called it. The video was supposed to cut out right at that moment and leave the audience wanting more.

Every time they tried it though it would just end with them falling into a fit of laughter and awkwardness. They'd done other romantic dances in the past but none of them had required them to build up that much tension. In the previous six days of practice, Sean and Kaycee had sort of brushed off that part of the dance and not really talked about it. It wasn't apparent to them why they had but deep down they both knew. It was just a little too intense and intimate, maybe if they had been paired with random dance partners it would have been less nerve racking but Sean and Kaycee had been best friends since for ever.