2- An Embarrassing Favor

Best Friend - Jason Mraz

Kaycee's POV

I scrambled through my suitcase, my wet hair sticking onto my bare back as I crouched on the tiled bathroom floor.

"Ugh, where are they?" I groaned silently as I continued to look for a pair of underwear. I could have sworn I'd packed more than enough to last the whole trip. This was our last night in the Dominican Republic and I had just finished taking a much needed shower after Sean and I's dance class. It was nearly midnight and I was desperate to just plump down in bed and call it a day.

"Crap..." I made my hand into a fist and flung it down onto clothes inside of the suitcase in frustration. This couldn't be freaking happening to me. There was no way. A sigh of disbelief escaped my mouth as my situation really set in. I had no underwear... what the hell was I going to do? 

I had three options, I could either go commando which was not something I'd ever looked forward to doing. I could wear the underwear I'd already worn that day which honestly was just not going to happen. My last option was to ask Sean for a pair of his boxers. The thought of me having to ask for such an embarrassing thing made me physically cringe, but then again the thought of me having to go commando was even more painful to imagine.

I breathed in and counted to ten in an attempt to calm myself. Maybe I could just wash my underwear in the sink and let it dry, then wear it? But that would take way too long... I'd still technically have to go commando through the night and it wasn't even guaranteed that they'd be completely dry by the morning. I threw my head back in defeat and gave up trying to come up with any other alternatives.

Gosh this stuff only ever happened to me... how had I not realized this earlier? All I knew was that next time I'd pack one hundred panties just in case because there was no way in hell I'd ever let myself get in this situation ever again.

My eyes travelled down to the open suitcase and landed on a black oversized hoodie... that would have to do. I reached in and grabbed it swiftly, standing up I turned towards the mirror behind me and began putting on the hoodie, it fell almost down to my mid-thigh but not quite.

The air in the room was humid and warm from my shower and I was starting to feel nauseous, I'd spent way too much time in there. My reflection happened to be ill-defined in the foggy mirror so I proceeded to wipe it down with my hand, it didn't help much but at least I could see myself a little more clearly. I sighed and started to style my damp hair into a single braid, securing it with a dark brown hairband once I was done.

I really didn't want to have to ask Sean for underwear but I had no choice at that point, I was NOT going commando.

"God" I suspired as I mentally prepared myself for what was to come. "I can do this... it's not even that big a deal." I tried telling myself before I unlocked the bathroom door and headed into Sean and I's hotel room.

A waft of cold air instantly hit me as soon as I opened the door and the sensation of coolness on my hot skin brought me immense relief. Sean was seated upright against the headboard of his twin bed as he scrolled through his phone.

I just stood there like an idiot, I didn't know what to say or how exactly I was going to ask him for such a weird favor. It didn't take him long to notice as I stood by the door because his gaze adverted from his phone to me before I could even think about anything else.

"You okay? You were in there for a while." He asked slowly and turned his head to the side, a slight grin appearing on his face.

"Uh, I... Can I ask you for something?" I could feel my cheeks growing hotter and hotter by the second.