6- Skinny Dipping 🅴

< warning : mature content >

    Breathe - Of Verona

Sean and Kaycee lay restless on their respective beds in the hotel room. Watching a boring (not so scary) scary movie. It was nearly 2:00 am and for some reason they just couldn't seem to fall asleep. They had been unsuccessfully trying to for the last three hours since they had gotten back from dinner and everyone on the trip had gone their separate ways into their own hotel rooms.

Kaycee's 18th birthday was only four days away and her family had planned a vacation to the Bahamas. Of course they had to invite her best friend Sean or the trip just wouldn't have felt complete. This was their second day in the islands and everything had been fantastic. Kaycee couldn't have been more grateful for all the wonderful people in her life and all they did just to make her happy.

"I should have brought my melatonin pills..." The girl whispered to herself but Sean managed to hear her.

"You take those?"

"Yeah sometimes, when I can't sleep." She looked over at her dance partner who was propped up against the dark wooden headboard of his bed.

"They work?" His brows furrowed in suspicion, and she shrugged.

"Ugh, I'm so bored!" The boy threw his head back in exasperation, frustrated that he couldn't just magically will himself to sleep.

Shifting in her bed, Kaycee tried to refocus her attention on the film playing in front of her which Sean had honestly forgotten about.

"This movie sucks." She said before grabbing the remote from the night stand and turning off the TV.

"Tell me about it," Sean sighed right before a tempting idea popped into his head out of the blue, "Wait... Kayc, at what time does the pool close?"

The brunettes face scrunched up in hesitation as she already knew from the tone of his voice that Sean was onto something.

"I don't know... like at 12 or something?"

"Well, shit." He cursed under his breath, disappointed but something else quickly occurred to him.

"How about we sneak in?"

"Are you crazy!" His best friend shrieked in bewilderment.

"Aw come on, don't be a party pooper. It'll be fun."

"Sean, I'm not being a party pooper, I'm trying to not break the law." She rolled her eyes and slumped against the soft pillows behind her.

"Pftt, sneaking into a pool is not breaking the law." Sean countered, laughing to himself at how dramatic Kaycee was being. He got up from the bed and stepped into his sandals.

"What are you doing?" She watched as her dance partner proceeded to walk towards the door of their hotel room.

"I'm going to the pool, with or with you." He shrugged, a smug grin plastered on his face. He knew exactly what he was doing. Of course he wouldn't go by himself, there'd be no fun in that, he'd said it because he knew Kaycee wouldn't let him go by himself.

The petite girl exhaled in defeat, closing her eyes and trying to convince herself that this wouldn't be so bad.

"The things you make me do." She shook her head but couldn't help the subtle smile that slipped its way onto her sunburned face when she looked up and saw Sean grinning from ear to ear. He'd won, like always.

" It's going to be fine, as long as we don't make any noise we won't get caught." He assured her, watching her remove the the duvet which lay on top of her before getting out of bed.