shatter

TWO DAYS AFTER Y/N'S DISAPPEARANCE, the first years were sent out on a mission in the outskirts of Tokyo to defeat a few loose curses

TWO DAYS AFTER Y/N'S DISAPPEARANCE, the first years were sent out on a mission in the outskirts of Tokyo to defeat a few loose curses. Reports of staggered, unpredictable window shattering have been sent in, as windows of apartment complexes, office buildings, homes, and stores would randomly combust.

"Looks like it might rain today." Nobara sighed, looking up at the dark gray sky, a thick blanket of clouds hovering over them. "Why do we have to do missions on such dreary days like these?"

"I knoooow, it makes me tired and sad." Itadori slouched, dragging his feet as the three of them patrolled an empty back street.

"...Hey Fushiguro, is that a new weapon?" Nobara turned to her right, pointing to the item in a holster on his back.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. Its a sword cursed tool. I used it during the Sister-School event...FIgured I try it out today on a real mision."

"Ooooooo, can I seeeeee?" Itadori wiggled his fingers, inching closer and closer to the weapon with twinkling eyes.

Megumi punched Itadori in the head. "No, don't touch it."

"OW OKAY!" He cried, rubbing the bump on his head. Itadori then tilted his head back, looking up at the soon-to-rain sky. "...Do you think Watanabe went back to Tokyo?"

Megumi's brain throbbed at the sound of her name.

"Probably, but she should've just stayed with us...I just hope she's alright out there on her own."

"Me too...Fushiguro, where do you think she
went?-"

"Don't know. Don't really care." He mumbled, walking ahead.

Nobara and Itadori stopped walking, turning to each other with furrowed brows. "Oi. Wait a minute Fushiguro."

Megumi stopped, keeping his back to them. "...What, Kusgisaki..."

"You aren't mad with Watanabe, are you?"

"Of course I am. She left out of nowhere....Idiot."

Nobara crossed her arms over her chest. "She is her own person, yknow. She probably needed to do something for herself. Most likely didn't tell us because she knew we'd stop her-"

"Shut up Kugisaki."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...HUUUUUUEEEH?" She hissed, Itadori wrapping his arms around her waist to hold her back.

"Guys, don't fight!-"

"WHAT'RE YOU TELLIN ME TO SHUDDAP FOR?!" She growled, swinging her arms at the air.

"Because you've known y/n for 2 weeks. I've known her for 10 years."

Itadori and Nobara paused, Megumi continuing ahead. He placed his hands in his pocket, keeping his chin to his chest. "...If someone isn't looking after her, she's bound to do something stupid on her own...She can think smart, but sometimes, she needs someone else to guide her. That's how she works...Let's split up to cover more ground."

The two first years blinked silently as Megumi turned the corner of the street, advancing on the mission alone. Itadori let go of Nobara, sighing. "Man, that was pretty insensitive, Kugisaki-"

"Shut up, finger eater." She mumbled, bumping shoulders with him as she turned back around to survey a separate area.

"HEY!" Itadori whined.

"Fushiguro just doesn't want his girl to get hurt...But y/n is very well capable on her own." Nobara muttered under her breath, standing in the center of the street.

Itadori raised an eyebrow, prepared to hear her case.

"...She was the first to take initiative against Kanda...She made the decision all on her own to put her to rest...And in her fight against you, she followed her own strategies to completely wipe the field with your ass-"

"Okay, harsh."

"My point is," She continued to walk away, taking out her hammer and nails. "Watanabe will find her way back to us. I know she will...But she's got shit to do for now."

And with that, Itadori was left all alone on the empty street, the rain started to sprinkle from the sky. "...Hm...Kugisaki has a point, but..."

"...I would do anything for my sister..."

"...She did say she'd do anything to help her sister...Hopefully it's nothing dangerous like what Fushiguro is worried about."

Itadori continued through the street, turning into an alleyway. The rain started to pour harder, making it a bit difficult for him to see. "Stupid cloud tears." He whispered, walking out the alley and into another abandoned street.

He stopped in the center, wrinkling the water out of his sleeves. Just as his mind started to trail off, there was a distant sound of glass breaking.

Itadori whipped around, looking down the street to see glass sparkle in the rain as it glided through the air, a window combusting from a nearby two story building. "...A...window broke?"

Suddenly, another window next to the already broken one shattered, then windows from across that building broke as well. Before Itadori knew it, there was a domino effect occurring, the windows breaking one by one towards him.

He bent his knees and brought his fist up, slowly turning his body as the windows above his head broke. Itadori followed the trail of the windows, turning around to face the front again. That's when he realized...

he was no longer alone.

The windows stopped shattered as it reached two people, who were stationed down the street.

"...You..." Itadori whispered, pure rage instilling in his stomach.

A man with blue hair and a patchwork gave a crooked, devilish smile. "...That's no way to greet me."

i'm feeling nice today so

i'm feeling nice today so...double update!! next chapter is up!