Chapter 3: A Very Cold Vacation

As Bede was walking out of the Pokémon center from healing up his team, he was half hoping to see Y/N, but there wasn't any sight of them. He half-sighed, and started walking to Stow-On-Side to get to Glimwood Tangle. He was considering taking out Hatterene so he wouldn't be alone while walking to the town, but he didn't need to, because Bede heard the voice of Y/N.

"Bede, that exhibition match was amazing!" They exclaimed. Bede half smiled at this, still awkward with showing emotion to people who weren't Hatterene. "Thanks, but it was all up to chance. It was merely luck Duraludon hit itself in confusion." Bede remembered a few weeks ago when Y/N battled Kabu during a rematch. "Still, it's not as impressive as your win against Kabu. My Pokémon were merely immune to half of Raihan's Pokémon. Your team had the extreme type disadvantage." Y/N smiled, giving Bede the feeling of every Butterfree, Frosmoth, Volcarona, and Ribombee in the entire world.

The two walked through Route 6 and Stow-On-Side, talking about battles, and any other small thing one of them could think of.

"So if you didn't specialize in Bug types, what would your 'Signature Pokémon' be?" Bede asked, genuinely curious. Y/N took no time to answer. "Alcremie. It's such a cute Pokémon! But it's a Fairy type, not Bug type, so I don't have one." Bede suddenly had an idea, but he knew it'd take a while to actually get what he needed. When the two got to Glimwood Tangle, Bede suddenly heard Y/N's phone ring.

"Yeah Sonia? Wait, that's today? Crap, hey can you pick me up at... Ballonlea? Thanks Sonia. See you soon." Bede raised an eyebrow at Y/N as they put their phone back in their bag and started walking through Glimwood Tangle. "Sonia is going to the Crown Tundra for a week to study the Pokémon there, and I'm coming with her to study Bug types that aren't normally found here." They explained. "What? I'm a Bug type specialist. Naturally I want to study all the Bug types." Y/N asked, making Bede realize he was staring at them, mainly their eyes. Y/N's crystal blue eyes seemed to shine in the dark.

"Alright, Sonia says it'll be about 10 minutes until she gets here." Y/N said. Bede was debating asking something, but he wasn't sure how. "Could... Could I come with you and Sonia? There's probably some Fairy types there, and also Psychic types." Bede blurted out after a few awkward moments. Y/N's eyes widened, but after processing what Bede just said, they started jumping up and down with excitement, which didn't help the Butterfree's currently having a Quiver Dance party in Bede's stomach. "Of course you could come! I have a map of all the Pokemon in the Crown Tundra! Go pack a bag for a week-long trip and I'll ask Sonia!" Despite actually meaning to say it in his head, Bede nodded, and went into the house him and Opal shared since her taking him in. "Hatterene, did I actually just do that?" He asked his Pokemon once she bounced out of her Pokeball.

"Bede, you better have packed like, 10 jackets to wear at once. The Crown Tundra's colder than a Lapras using Sheer Cold." Sonia told Bede as they sat in the train on the way to the Crown Tundra. Opal had volunteered to run the Gym while Bede was away, also making a remark about how Bede was redder than a Charmeleon while he was there.

"Alright you two, this'll be where we stay for a week. Let's all unpack and then relax, or if you want you can go study whatever Pokemon you feel like." Sonia said as the three walked in to an Inn. Sonia quickly unpacked, and equally quickly left the Inn to go study whatever Pokémon called the Crown Tundra home.

"Oh my god this bed is so comfy! It's like laying on a cloud!" Y/N explained, sinking their body into the bed. Bede didn't wanna admit it, but the bed was extremely comfortable. Y/N let out their team, allowing them to run around the room, with Shuckle staying on the bed with Y/N. "So I know during matches you Gigantamax your Centiskorch, but who is your Partner Pokémon?" Bede asked Y/N. "Shuckle! He's been my best friend since Marnie and I were 5." They replied, smiling as they remembered when they were younger.

"He and I got in a lot of trouble. We were always pranking the Gym leaders who would occasionally come to Spikemuth to visit Piers. We always got caught considering Piers can almost always tell when someone's lying." Bede imagined a younger Y/N and Shuckle running away from whoever they had just pranked. "Cute." Bede said out loud, not realizing he wasn't thinking to himself. "Wait, what?" Y/N asked, starting to get as pink as a Lickilicky.

Bede's eyes widened, and he tried to come up with some way to save the situation. "I mean, isn't Hatterene cute?" Bede said, gesturing to Hatterene who had come out of her Pokeball. Y/N looked slightly disappointed, but that expression quickly faltered as they smiled and agreed with Bede. There was an awkward silence in the room, until Y/N brought out a huge map. "What's that?" Bede asked. Still recovering from accidentally calling Y/N cute. "It's a map that shows the entire Crown Tundra and all the Pokémon you can catch here!" They replied as they opened up the map carefully. They read the map, and their eyes widened. "There's only one Bug type evolution line that we can't find at home?!" They suddenly exclaimed. "And there's only one Fairy type!" Y/N was now freaking out about the lack of Bug and Fairy types. "Hey, Y/N. It's all ok. I'm sure there's a few Bug types you haven't seen at home here. Besides, I have absolutely no doubt that the Pokémon we do see will be amazing." Bede told Y/N, putting a hand on their shoulder to comfort them. Miraculously, it worked, and Y/N was calm after a few seconds. "Oh my Arceus, Bede! You're gonna love one of these Pokémon! Go get a jacket on, I gotta find one of these!" Y/N exclaimed, extremely excited. Which Pokémon it was, Bede didn't know. But he trusted Y/N, at least more than he trusted other people. Time to go on a Pokémon hunt.

Editors Note: I finally finished this chapter XD
I haven't had lack of motivation necessarily, but it's been really hard to actually put what I think of into words. I visualize the situations in my head, but it's hard to form the words for them. So if I don't update for days at a time, that's why. I apologize in advance for any hiatuses I will take. Comment any suggestions you may have for this fanfic! Cya at the next chapter!

-Me