Chapter 7: Love In The Air

The rest of the week long vacation in the Crown Tundra was mainly uneventful. Bede came with Y/N while they looked for Armaldo, (They didn't manage to find one the day they were surrounded by Abomasnow.) and they mainly chilled at the Inn where the three were staying. There was an awkward presence between Bede and Y/N since the day they talked to him about the person they liked. Bede didn't ask who it was, not wanting to know who managed to catch Y/N's eye. For about two weeks the two didn't text much, other than the occasional "Good morning", "How's your day going", "Good night" and stuff like that. What Bede didn't expect, was that Raihan of all possible people would be the one to catch on that something was wrong. Raihan had visited Bede at the Ballonlea stadium one day.

"Fairy Boy, something went wrong when you took your week long break with Y/N. Spill it." He said, surprising Bede. "I don't plan to tell you of all people. It isn't even that big of a deal." Bede replied, not being in the mood for telling anybody, not even Sonia or Hatterene about Y/N. "You're having romance problems aren't you? I said nearly the exact same thing when I was your age and crushing on the Dark type Gym leader." Raihan replied, smirking. "I SWEAR TO ARCEUS AM I THAT BAD AT HIDING WHAT I'M THINKING?!" Bede screamed, luckily nobody but Bede and Raihan were in the stadium. "Yeah Bede, you are. Look I know we aren't close to friends, but if you need love advice, all you gotta do is ask. Contrary to popular belief, but Sonia isn't that good with romance." Raihan replied. He began to walk out the door, but Bede interrupted him. "Fine, I'm having 'romance problems' and I need help." 

"Back before the exhibition match, I started catching feelings for Y/N, and I fell harder than a Snorlax using Heavy Slam. But during the vacation in the Crown Tundra, they told me about their own romance problems. They mentioned they liked someone but Marnie had a higher chance with him. I don't think they mean me as that person." Bede said to Raihan, not wanting to be telling Raihan of all people about his romance problems, but not seeing any other option, (And the fact that he knew Y/N's brother better than almost anyone.) he did it anyway. "And Piers said a few weeks ago that Hop has a better chance with Y/N. Those words are just stuck in my brain, and I can't get them out." Raihan took in all that Bede said. "Called it. Piers and I had a bet that'd you fall for Y/N. Gotta tell Piers he owes me five bucks now..." Raihan said as he typed something on his phone. "Raihan this is serious." Bede said, clearly annoyed. "Alright, all you gotta do is simply this. Get closer with Y/N, and when the time is right, tell them. I know Y/N better than almost everyone, and when I tell you there's a high chance you and Y/N will be a thing, I'm telling the truth. Piers knows it to, he just really doesn't like you." Raihan replied. Bede sighed. "Thanks for that, as if I don't already know Piers hates me." Raihan laughed for a second, then said "He'll warm up to you. Hey, it took him almost two years to warm up to me, and look where he and I are now.". Bede slightly smiled, realizing just what he planned to do. 

"Opal I need help." Bede said to the old Fairy type Gym leader. "I... I want an Alcremie on my team for my 6th Pokemon. You said you had a box full of Alcremie sweets?" Bede continued, sweating. "You may take it, good luck with Y/N." Opal replied. Bede didn't try and react to the second part of her sentence, mainly because he had a ton of stuff to do. His phone dinged, and he saw a text.

Raihan

Y/N said if they had an Alcremie they'd have  a Mint Cream form with a Berry Sweet. You're welcome, cause we both know you don't have the guts to ask them yourself.

Not really caring much about the second part of the message, Bede typed a thank you message back to Raihan, and called a Flying Taxi to Turffield or more specifically, Route 4. 

"Alright Hatterene, time to look for a Milcery." Bede said to his Pokemon. Hatterene nodded, and they started to look in the fields for a Milcery. 

"Out of all the people in Galar, I'd never expect to see Gym Leader Bede in Turffield." A voice said. Bede spun around, startled at the sudden voice. To Bede's relief, it wasn't Piers or Y/N, it was Hop. "What are you looking for here? Sonia made me memorize a book of all of the Pokemon you're able to catch on Route 4, and all the other Routes." Hop continued. "I'm not explaining why, but I'm looking for a Milcery." Bede replied, semi annoyed. Out of all three of the rivals Bede had during his Gym challenge, he never successfully made amends with Hop for what he did during that time. Hop looked surprised, but gestured for Bede to follow him. He pointed to a patch of grass, and there was a Milcery staring at the two of them. "I can see why Y/N loves this Pokemon and it's evolution so much, it's adorable." Bede said to himself as he threw a Pokeball at the Fairy type. Luckily, it stayed in the Pokeball, Bede didn't want to waste a lot of Pokeballs on one Pokemon. He thanked Hop, surprising the purple haired boy even further. He called another Flying Taxi to Ballonlea, he had some training to do with his new Pokemon.

Bede sighed, nervous. After an entire week, he finally had the 6th and final member of his Fairy type team. He and Raihan had planned yet another exhibition match in order to showcase Bede's new Pokemon. Bede hoped with all that he had that Y/N would be in the crowd. "You will each use three Pokemon for this match. Let the battle begin!" The announcer called out. Bede sent out Rapidash, Raihan sent out a Goodra. The two Pokemon ended up fainting at the exact same time, but this was good for Bede. He sent out Hatterene to face Flygon. The crowd audibly gasped at Bede sending out his partner Pokemon early. Not surprisingly, Flygon didn't stand much of a chance against Hatterene, and as he recalled Hatterene and sent out his brand new Alcremie, he locked eyes with Y/N in the crowd. "Let's go Duraludon, Gigantamax!" Raihan called out, Gigantamaxing his partner. "Let's give them a show Alcremie. Gigantamax!" Bede said, smirking. 

After a tough battle between the two, Alcremie managed to defeat the Duraludon. He could see Y/N in the crowd smiling and clapping. It made his heart skip a beat. Maybe there is a chance with them.

I finally finished this chapter! Not much to say, hope you enjoyed!