Chapter 1

Atlantic City, New Jersey just your average coastal tourist town...

Or so it might have you think. Behind the family fun of the boardwalk, the nightlife of the casinos, the spontaneous of love in the 24hr wedding chapels lived a deep dark secret that everyone knew but no one in town dare spoke of.
     The biggest and most successful hotel and casino in town were run by Luca Williams. A name is known all over Jersey. A man not to be messed with.

Williams Plaza Hotel and Casino was one of the hottest spots in town to be at

One thing Luka William's valued more than his wealth and legacy was his family. The motto he raised his kids by was Family first and always. Who would have thought one dinner would start the downfall of all that.
    A particular warm spring Satuday evening in late April. Chris got ready in his room to go out.
"What are you doing?" Bryan said as he walked in.
"Ever heard of knocking bro? I'm getting ready. Adrianna and I are going to the pier."
"Did you forget we have dinner with the Pèrze's tonight?"
"No, I'm meeting Adriana after."
"Well, we leave in 15 so hurry up. You know how Dad is when we are late."
"I'll be ready." 20mins later they on their way in Bryan's Corvette convertible.
"Where's mom?"
"She went with Dad earlier."
"We eating at the hotel?"
"Of course. You know Dad, he has to show off." Bryan said rolling his eyes.
"We haven't seen the Pèrze's in almost 10 years. Wonder why we are having dinner with them."
"Beats me but Dad said it was mandatory that we all be there."
"It's always mandatory," Chris said as Bryan pulled onto the expressway. The road the rest of the way in silence, listening to the radio.
    At 7 pm they pulled up in front of Williams Plaza.
"Good evening Mr.Williams." the Valet said as he opened Bryan's car door.
"Josh, I've known you since grade school. I think you can call me Bryan."
"Sorry B, I know you hate that Mr. Williams stuff but it's your dad's policy." Bryan rolled his eyes.
"My dad needs to loosen up ." He said as he and Chris made their way inside. All the staff greeted them as they passed through. Bryan loved the attention but Chris had always hated it. He hated the special treatment and how staff would never look him in the eye or tell him no because of his father.
"Is our father already here Evett?" Bryan asked the hostess of Little Venice.
"Yes sir, Mr. Williams. He is at you guy's family table. The Pèrze's have already arrived as well."
"Thank you, Evett."
"Shit B, dad is going to be pissed that they made it before us," Chris whispered on the way to the table.
"Don't worry, I got this under control. Mom, Dad, Mr. & Mrs. Pèrze, and of course Natalia." Bryan exclaimed walking up to the table. "Please forgive us for being a few minutes late. Traffic was awful. Mom, Mrs. Pèrze, Natalia might I add you 3 are looking beautiful tonight."
"Lay off the charming son. We get it you are sorry your late." Luka said before sipping his wine.
"I like his charm, Sir." Natalia said blushing. Bryan winked at her from across the table.
"Wait a few months. It gets old real quick." Chris just set there watching his family go back and forth. He didn't even mind that they hadn't noticed his existence. He liked being quiet that everyone forgot about. In this family, it was better that way.
"Chris, sweetheart are you ok?" His mother asked pulling him from his thoughts.
"Yeah, mom. Sorry I was just thinking."
"About what dear."
"Ummm.... graduation next month."
"Are you excited?" Asked Mr. Pèrze
"I guess."
"He doesn't know what he is saying. Of course, he is excited. He can't wait to join me and his brother. Isn't that right son?"
"Of course dad. I can't wait." They went about their dinner catching up, laughing, and talking. As the meal winded down around 8 Chris tried to make a break for it. "This was a great dinner Dad. Mr. & Mrs. Pèrze, Natalia it was nice seeing you guys again but if it's again with you dad I would like to be excused."
"Excused for what Christopher?"
"I have plans to meet Adriana at the pier at 8:15."
"I think dinner with old friends is more important than seeing that girl."
"That girl is my best friend, dad and you don't like her cause her dad is a cop."
"Watch your tone with me, young man."
"Luka, let him go il mio amore. He's 17 and wants to hang out with his friends and not a bunch of adults."
"You know I can never say no to you my beautiful wife. Chris, you may go after the announcement." Chris rolled his eyes.
"What announcement?" Bryan asked.
"Well son Mr. Pèrze and I have talked and we think it would be in the best interest of both our families to join forces by uniting as one."
"How are you two going to do that?"
"We have decided that you and Natalia will get married this July." Bryan choked on his drink.
"I'm sorry what? I think I heard you wrong. Did you just say I was getting married this July?"
"Yes son, To Natalia. She will be moving into the guest room this Monday after her parents head back home; so that you 2 will have time to really get to know each other and so she can start planning."
"But Dad..."
"Is there an issue Bryan?"
"No sir. Natalia is beautiful and I am very lucky. I'm just shocked as all."
"That's the normal son. I was shocked when  your mother agreed to marry me."
"I don't mean to interrupt but if that was the announcement. Can I go now?"
Luka glared at his son.
"Fine go." Chris jumped up from the table. Kissed his mom on the cheek
"I'll be home by 12, ma."
"Have fun my sweet baby and tell Adriana hi for me."
"I will ma. Good luck bro. Better you, than me." He said patting Bryan on the shoulder as he walked by.
     A 15 min walk later he was at the pier. He stopped and stared a second when he saw Adriana by the Ferris wheel, her long curly hair blowing in the breeze. They had been best friends since first grade. She was the only person that had never treated him differently because of who he was and he loved that. Chris had decided that tonight would be the night he finally made a move on her.
"Hey." He said walking up and giving her a hug.
"Hey. I was being to think you weren't going to make it."
"Have I ever stood you up?"
"No."
"Exactly. Family dinner just ran long."
"Your dad being hard on you again?"
"I just wish he could see I'm not Bryan and I don't want that type of life."
"Try talking to him about it."
"There is now talking to my dad."
"You're his son and it never hurts to try."
"Maybe but I don't want to talk about him. Come on let's go get tickets and ride some rides, play games, and pig out on junk food."
"You read my mind."