Chapter 2

Chris snuck in the back door of the kitchen around 1:30 am, hoping he didn't wake his parents. He put in the alarm code and made his way quietly through the house.
"Where have you been?" Bryan shouted as Chris snuck down the hall. Making him jump.
"You fucking asshole!" He said punching his arm. "I thought you were Dad. See it's reasons like this, I'm mom's favorite."
"You wish you were her favorite." Bryan said laughing. "They aren't home yet but seriously you never come home so late, what gives?"
"When did you become my keeper, Bryan?" Chris walked into his room.
"When did you grow balls and forget I will beat your ass?"
"It's none of your business why I am home so late Bryan. I known you are taking over for dad one day and are his little lap dog but that doesn't mean I answer to you."
"Fine have it your way." Bryan stormed off back to his room.
      The next morning at Breakfast, Luca & Bryan set reading the paper as Bianca flipped through the latest Cosmo. Chris came down the stairs, still sleepy from the night before.
"Morning Momma." He said kissing her cheek.
"Morning my baby boy." Chris took his seat at the table.
"Slept in a little, didn't you Christopher?"
"It's only 8:45 and it's Saturday dad."
"Maybe if you wouldn't come home at 1:30 in the morning you would have been up earlier." Bryan said without even looking away from the paper. Chris cut his eyes at him.
"You broke curfew again."
"Fucking snitch."
"Don't blame your brother for doing the right thing."
"Dad it isn't a big deal."
"Nothing is a big deal to you. That is the problem. You are 18 Chris, an adult. You graduate in 2 months and just like your brother did will start training to become a full-time mafia member but you still run around and act like a child."
"I'm not a fucking child." Chris slammed his fist on the table.
"You watch your tone with me!"
"Yes sir." He said through gritted teeth.
"Well let's hear it."
"Hear what?"
"Your excuse for being late last night."
"Does it even fucking matter dad? You won't believe me anyway. So fuck it."
"I don't know where we went wrong with you. We never have these kinds of issues with Bryan at your age."
"I'm sorry, I can't be perfect like Bryan was and just do whatever you say like a fucking robot." Chris stood and turned to walk off.
"Don't you walk away from me!"
"I am done with this conversation dad. I am going to my room." Chris went back upstairs, slammed and locked his bedroom door before pulling out his stash and lighting up to take the edge off from the fight. He hated his dad and he was towards him and Bryan. B may of accepted it and moved on but he wasted going to tolerate it.
    Back downstairs Bianca glared at her husband.
"Don't start Bianca."
"Why do you do that to him?"
"It's time he grew up. You baby him way too much and I'm sick of it."
"He is my baby and I will do as I like Luca Williams."
"He is soft because of you."
"Maybe you just bully him and he is sick of it."
"I'm turning him into a man."
"You are going to end up losing a son and when you do, you will regret it." Bianca got up from the table and headed out of the room leaving her husband to stew in the mess he has created.
    Chris decided he needed to get out of the house for the day and away from Bryan and his dad; so he test Adriana.

Chris jumped in the shower, got ready before sneaking down to the kitchen and grabbing the keys to the Escalade, and heading out the door

Chris jumped in the shower, got ready before sneaking down to the kitchen and grabbing the keys to the Escalade, and heading out the door. One hour later he was meeting Adriana in front of the AMC Theater.
"I am so glad to see you." He said hugging her tightly. "I had to get out of that house."
"What happened?"
"The usual, my dad being an fucking jackass."
"I'm Chris. What's he being a dick about this time?"
"It doesn't matter, I'm better now that I'm with you. Let's pick a movie." He didn't want to tell her it was because he had walked her last night so she wasn't alone and got home too late. She would blame herself and that is the last thing he wanted. They picked a movie, grabbed their snacks, and settled in their seats. Halfway through the movie, Chris decided to make his move and see how Adriana would react. "It's now or never." He thought to himself. Chris slowly placed his arm around Adriana's shoulder. She smiled at him and leaned closer, resting her head on his. "So far, so good." He thought.
"Adriana?" He whispered.
"Yeah?"
"Would you ever consider us being more than just friends?"
"What do you mean?"
"I like you, Adriana. Would you ever consider being my girlfriend?" Adriana set up and locked eyes with Chris. She grinned.
"It took you long enough to ask me. I have liked you for so long Chris. I would love to be your girlfriend."
"Really? Even with who my family is?"
"You aren't your family Chris. I know you are nothing like your or brother. You have so much compassion and love for others." Chris brushed his hand on her cheek, running upwards into her hair.
"I'm going to take such good care of you as my girl." He said before he leaned in and kissed Adriana softly.
     After the movie, he treated her to lunch. They spent the rest of the afternoon walking around the mall, talking and laughing. Chris drove her home that night before heading to his house. He was greeted as he walked by his very angry father the second he walked in.