136 - What could possibly go wrong?

'Damn... It's a lot easier than I thought...' Noah thought to himself as he looked at where he was already.

Initially their small group of Noah, a snake demon, and a Boss bird thought that breaking into a Fortress solo would be more difficult, but with the skill set they currently had, it was very easy. Noah simply teleported over the monster's holes, Lilith would trap them for 2 seconds, until Noah's flames hit most of them until the monster died and gave him a lot of extra experience and energy to replenish what he had spent.

This started to repeat itself with increasing speed when Terrence learned the patterns of the hole positions as he flew over and watched the terrain, always telling Noah where the next possible hole would be, before Noah went over there and confirmed it with Pyakugan.

The intelligence that Terrence displayed did not fail to surprise Noah, which made him even more curious to know if the monster's intelligence would rise the higher his level became.

Thus, the terrain that was once just a mountain, almost entirely white with snow and ice, now had several holes where the ice had been melted by Noah's flames, with tunnels under the earth where corpses should have been, but only ashes remained to remember the monsters that died.

With each teleportation by Noah, a strong monster died. What was once the strength of the monsters, which made the Fortress difficult to invade, in fact became their greatest weakness, trapping them in a cage of earth, waiting for their own slaughter.

With the ease he had exhibited in killing the monsters, Noah let Terrence continue analyzing the terrain with the holes dotted across it so that they would kill as many monsters as possible. Even if it would delay the time to clear the Fortress, he doubted anyone would complain, since even the time they'd be delayed would still be much shorter than if it were someone else attempting it themselves, perhaps even going faster than complete groups of Blessed Ones, as groups needed to stop to rest often, Noah just teleported freely, killing without stopping.

Until now, Noah had not needed to use the [Healing Flames] ability once on himself. He found that this ability aided in energy recovery, so from time to time he used it on Lilith, so she wouldn't run out of energy until the Boss's fight, which helped further increase their speed of completion, since Noah was able to recover the energy used they could kill more monsters.

'Damn, this is very easy. Why didn't I get these skills before?' Noah thought, as he was happy to have such powerful abilities.

'Don't say it's too easy... You're going to curse us!' Lilith said through their mental link in a concerned tone.

'Don't worry, Lilly. The Fortress is being completed very easily. What could go wrong?' Noah thought happily, not yet having learned from his past mistakes.

And now, just like last time, Noah was assigned a system mission to make things difficult once again.

[Congratulations, the user received a mission!

Apparently the user needs more challenge for his own life, so to stimulate the user's personal development, a mission has been issued.

Mission: Eliminate all monsters from the Fortress and be overloaded by the energy absorbed by each monster, including the Boss, in less than 15 minutes.

Reward: +2 mana points.

Failure: -1 point in all statistics.]

When the notification of him having received a mission appeared to Noah again, he was ecstatic, thinking that the system had felt the divine energy of another nearby statue, but unfortunately for him, it was not a mission for him to improve his wings; it was actually a very disadvantageous mission for him.