153 - Results

Noah was currently watching the imps fight a pair of monsters. This time two wolves had come out of the pool, but had no effect on the imps, who just followed orders to fight and try to improve. Regardless of whether they were going to die or not, their willpower was as high as ever.

This was something that made Noah truly admire Lucifer. To be able to have an army of more than a million of these little guys, he truly must have been a terror to the enemies he had made. Noah certainly wouldn't want to fight an army that wasn't afraid to die.

The claws of the imps were very sharp to the point of being considered blessed weapons of Rank E, which allowed the imps to cut the thick skin of the wolves with their own hands. This was practically to say that each of the imps had five sharp miniature daggers that could cut the enemy at any time. Although their Rank difference made this cut a little difficult, just allowing them to make shallow cuts, even still with each attack there were at least four cuts from the hands of the imps, which after a while made the monsters bleed so much that they started to lose strength.

And it was at this point that the imps enjoyed it even more, getting more frantic and wanting even more bloodshed, which Noah obviously didn't stop at all and just let them handle it.

Unfortunately for the imps, after the battle only 4 of them remained again. Even though they had learned a little from the previous battle on how to deal with the wolves (as there were two wolves this time), they didn't get better results than the time before.

This meant that Noah had to summon those same imps again, using the energy he was receiving for burning the corpses, causing the number of imps to return to 13 again.

Despite having summoned the 9 monsters that had died, Noah was feeling his energy still increase since Rank D monsters provided much more energy than Rank E monsters, which made Noah consider what to do with that extra energy. He, after all, didn't want to waste it.

Finally, he came upon an idea. Seeing the little imp using [Heling Flames] to heal himself since he had been one of the survivors, Noah decided to teach another imp this time.

Before, it was very difficult for him to teach [Hell Flames] with destructive power to an imp, but at that moment he had practically unlimited energy; he could try to teach the imp to use his excess energy, since even if he failed repeatedly, deferential from the house him that he had to continue controlling his own energy to not run out besides having to wait several hours to recover, here he just needed to burn more monsters that the imps killed for him. He would be able to recover everything in a few minutes; it was the perfect situation for his plan.

So Noah chose one of the surviving imps. Only 3 imps had managed to survive the two battles: one of them was the imp that controlled [Healing Flames], while the other two were just normal imps but were learning more and more how to fight efficiently.

Although they had survived many injuries, this was not a concern for Noah, who, with a wave of his hand, set each injured imps on fire and in a few seconds left their bodies as good as new after being treated by the [Healing Flames].

For one of the imps it was the first time he was alive in a battle, so Noah disregarded him and chose an imp that had a more aggressive aura to be his new apprentice.

When this imp realized that his master was going to start teaching him how to control the flames just as he had taught that other lucky imp, the little guy opened a big smile which showed the big, sharp fangs he had in his mouth.

This strangely enough for Noah was quite cute. Others, seeing a red monster with teeth that looked like knives laughing in their direction, could be quite scared from what he was seeing, but Noah strangely saw that imp in the same way that people saw panda cubs, as something very cute.