Red Block Letters

Deviation ActionsBy  604 ViewsLiterature Text

Deviation ActionsBy 604 ViewsLiterature Text

Special Thanks to the following for their help in Beta Reading:

Kieral

ArianSilver

BethanyClark95

Gingerette

And help in the Cover Image:

The-Marshmallow-Fox

Slaughterhound Studios presents:

N:Era: Call Of The Wild

Chapter 1: Red Block Letters.

Between forest and field a wooden "DO NOT ENTER" sign stood, each letter sloppily painted in crimson. Wind brushed past this notice, ruffling the dandelions and dewed grass of the meadow. Within the field, a hyena and a weasel played cards on a tree stump. Other animals surrounded them to observe the next qualifier of the Towers tournament.

Beads of sweat dripped from the hyena's forehead, as audience members whispered amongst each other. Her dire blood blessed the quadruped with opposable thumbs, which she used to fan her cards. She fixated on her cards then eyed her opponent before focusing back on her cards.

"Take your turn, Lilu. We have, like, three minutes left on the clock," the red weasel said, adjusting in her seat.

A rush of adrenaline flowed as Lilu declared, "For the tournament! Queen of Fangs will engage in combat-"

"And I play my Instant, Reverser. Reverser stops the combat, inflicts damage equal to your fighter's Strength. Game, set, match."

Lilu's mouth dropped as everyone else cheered. "Second match, now!"

Raising an eyebrow, Rosod leaned back and said, "No."

"Come on. I need the points."