Chapter 1: 3 years ago

YoungMi P.O.V., 3 Years ago, somewhere in Seoul, South Korea:

I look down at the weird text from a random Kakao user once again on my way to the convenience store.

WWisbest: Hello, tis me!

Sighing, I put my phone in my sweater pocket and walked into the convenience store. I say a small hello to the cashier, a boy who goes to my school, before walking towards the ramen and tteokbokki aisle before paying for the one I am about to eat. 

Grabbing both I add water to the ramen and throw it into the microwave. Sitting down next to the window I eat my ramen and stare out while listening to music on my earphones. 

A group of boys catches my attention, all of them are wearing masks and they are walking towards the store.

As they get to the doors, I stand up having finished my food, I then walk to the drink aisle and grab a banana milk and triangle gimbap.

Making my way towards the cashier I bump into someone, "I'm sorry," I say while bowing. When I look up, I am met with a man wearing round glasses and a black face mask. He looked surprised to see me, like we may have met before.

After bowing once more I turned around and walked to the front counter, "Hello, Hangyeol," I put my items on the counter.

"you already said hello, youngmi," He said while chuckling.

"Oh, yeah that's right," I say while scratching the back of my head and smiling at him.

"How are you by the way?" He says with a friendly smiling.

My mask seemed to falter for a second before I put back on the smile that is expected from me. "I am fine! How are you?"

"I am good as well! I hope we can hang out one day!" he says as I grab my stuff.

"Maybe, one day!" I say smiling while looking back, waving and smiling. 

As soon as I get out my smile falls again and I am met with the reality of my world, I am not happy in the slightest. 

I look up to see the group from earlier outside waiting for the one that went into the store.

My route was blocked by them waiting right in front of the door, "Excuse me," I squeaked out.

"Oh sor-" the shortest of them says before he sees me, "sorry, we thought we were the only ones outside at this time," he says while smiling at me.

"It's fine, no worries, " I say before bowing.

The door opens behind me and I take that as my cue to leave. I make my way towards my house. But before I can get far enough I hear the boys talking, "Hyung, that was her! Young-Mi!"

I thought about it on my way and came to the conclusion that they probably went to my school.

I reached my house, said hello to my mother, and made my way to my room, where I immediately plopped onto the bed.

I turned on my tv, watching a live stage, the song was new, called Clap by a group named Seventeen. 

Thinking the song was too happy, I turned off the tv. But the silence left me with my thoughts, and I hate my thoughts. 

I have to find a distraction I thought, so I did one thing, left the house again.

I walked to a park not far from my house. 

WonWoo's P.O.V., 3 Years ago, Somewhere in Seoul, South Korea:

I walked into the convenience store and walked straight for the drink aisle as all of us were really tired.

We just finished dance practice and on the way home, decided to get some water and some snacks.

Before I could reach for our drinks, someone bumped into me.

"I'm sorry," she bowed, she then looked up and I was shocked. It was Young-Mi! The same girl that we met through a weird portal when we were filming our music video!

Before I could say anything, she turned around and walked towards the counter. 

I turned around and grabbed our drinks, but not without silently listening to her conversation.

The cashier and Young-Mi must have gone to the same school as they were making small talk.

While they were still talking I walked up behind her to wait for the cashier to finish ringing her up.

Something to the right caught my eye so I went to see the product that was sitting on the counter.

That was when the cashier asked how everything has been for her. I looked over and for a second, she looked sad and broken. 

And just as quickly, she was back to smiling. I could tell she was pretending to be happy. She walks out and the cashier starts to ring me up.

When I walk out of the store, she was departing, so I ran up to S.Coups and said, "Hyung! That was her! Young-Mi!" I pointed at her back as she got farther and farther away.

"Huh?! really?" Seungkwan yelled before sitting down on one of the chairs situated outside of the store.

We then sat down on said chairs and ate.

While everyone went home I decided to walk to the park nearby. When I arrived there was someone sitting on the bench, with their headphones on. Their head was hanging backward off the back of the bench.

That was when I heard it, soft cries. The person was looking at the stars in the sky while crying.

I stood there wondering if I should leave or not. Then I heard her speak, "Ara," she then brought her hands to her face and rubbed her tears, and put her eyes in the crook of her elbow.

"You stupid bitch, we were supposed to have children and force them to be best friends, who said you could leave first?!" she yelled at the sky, "Who cares what they said?! We were supposed to be there for each other no matter what those bitches did!"

That's when she really broke, "you've been gone for 3 years, but it's still fresh in my mind," she then got really quiet, "finding you, your body the way you were," she then pulled her knees under her chin.

"You left me at the mercy of your murderers," She then took off her hood and ruffled her hair. That's when I realized who it was. It was Young-Mi, broken, sobbing her eyes out.

I stood there watching her, making sure she was okay for 45 minutes before she passed out from exhaustion because of crying.

I took out my phone and called S.Coups Hyung.

As soon as he answered I told him to put me on speaker, "So, I went to the park and I found Young-Mi, crying, she passed out from exhaustion and I don't know where to take her," the other side of the phone was silent for seconds.

"We can't mess with the timeline, so then maybe check her phone and call her mom or dad, explain what happened, and ask what to do," S.Coups said before telling me to get home safely.

After hanging up, I took her phone and looked through her contacts before finding the contact named mom. I then called and explained the situation.

"Ah, that girl, I'll be there soon! thank you for letting me know!" 

Soon her mother arrived and took her back home.

I was left at the park, angry.

Not at Young-Mi, but at the people who made her that way.

I'm sorry future Young-Mi but the timeline may not stay intact.