Tell Me if you Would Quit Too

So say you start a new job at a restaurant that has your favorite kind of food. You were excited because its a restaurant that has gourmet food but is ran like a fast food restaurant which you found interesting.

During the interview, say the manager says that that they'll start you at 13 an hour and that once yoire fully trained itll go up to 17 an hour, which gets you pumped. He also says that there will be a lot of people each shift to help you out which makes you feel a lot better about not being understaffed. He also talked about the employees bejind their back which you brushed off thinking it was nothing.

So your first day comes around and its only you and one other cashier until 6pm when someone else is supposed to come in. Little do you know that at 5:30pm the entire place is so packed that the manager himself calls the restaurant and starts taking peoples orders remotely. It stays packed like this for an hour and a half without anyone ever coming in. During this time, you were panicking since you dont know anything and trying to expedite food to rude and upset customers that cuss you out after you give them their food.

At this point its gotten your shaken up right? It slows down a bit at 7pm and you leave in an hour, at which point your coworker asks if the manager told you that your were gonna get paid 17 an hour, which you reply yes because it was very specific. He says that he was promised the same exact thing but almost a year later hes still making 13 an hour. He says that he is fully trained and passed all the tests they gave out. At this point your upset and you ask if you at least get discounts on the food to which he laughs and says no, we only get one free teriyaki bowl a day.

Now your super pissed that the manager wouldnt say something and just be honest with you.

Things get even worse when your significant other gets into a car accident, gets badly hurt, and total's the only car you have, which leaves you having to uber and lyft everywhere. Its a bit if a ways to the restaurant from your house in the first place.

After your first shift, it was so busy that you couldnt preorder an uber so you have to end up looking for one. Uber rates at that point almost cost $30 so you say hell no and look at lyft, which is significantly cheaper but it would take an hour before your would get picked up. So you go back to uber to see the rates go down but wait times are out of this world. Lukily for you, your best friend is nearby and is able to pick you up and take you home.

The next day, you get a call from a place that is closer, so close you could walk to it. They ask for an interview and you hesitantly agree and they offer to give you a job the next day.

Would you quit the job you just started or take the one thats closer? (You also have an apartment and bills to pay for)