I Told My Manager and This Happened

So I told my manager all the reasons why I wasnt going to come back and he had the gall to get mad at ME. He asked me if he thinks that I should shut down the restaurant because im leaving last minute.

Maybe he should do his damn job and be a boss, bosses are supposed to call people in, you know? He said that people already made their schedules and asked me if I could at least cover one day. I literally start tomorrow night and I dont have that kind of money to take an uber there and back. I told him no and he asked me, again, exact words:

"So what do you want me to do, shut down the restaurant?"

Boy what? This dude runs 3 other restaurants and he acts like this? Obviously theres a reason why no one works for him. He didnt even ask if there was anything that would make me change my mind, he just kind of kept talking about how the restaurant was gonna be short staffed and based on last night, it needs more people. I dont know what he classifies as short staffed but that place is literally unworkable. And I worked at Amazon.

Anyway, I told him that ive already started and he got even more pissed off, which I would be too if I was a manager, like I get where he's coming from.

But hes the one who basically lied about my pay and his entire restaurant made me so uncomfortable that I dont think im even going to eat there ever again. He didn't care that I had no way to get there or even how I was feeling, if I was in the car accident, I would have died. I am not kidding. The car was damaged so badly that I would have died had i been in the passenger seat. (My s/o is doing just fine thank god but he did sustain injuries)

The person I interviewed with today was so understanding and shes already much better than this guy. It pays a bit less but im gonna be full time so I dont care tbh. Y'all ever heard of Tropical Smoothie Café? That's the place im moving to. Ive always wanted to work there and its even better that the managers are super nice. I told them about the situation with the car and they were super understanding, something that guy wouldnt know about.

I really dodged a bullet right? Like I shouldnt feel bad for quitting but i still do for some reason.