Part 11

John Pov:

I was walking down an old back road with krypto hoping to get what my mom said out of my head but I couldn't. Isn't it really wrong to like guys? I don't think it is at least. I was so lost in thought I didn't realize that a blue sports car pulled up right beside me. "Kent get in." I jumped at Damine's voice. He opened his side door waiting for me and krypto to get in. I didn't think I just got in and helped krypto in the middle of us. "Are you going to buckle in, do you need me to do that baby John~?" I felt my cheeks hurt from smiling so fast. I buckled my belt. I felt his hand grab mine. "I thought you were out with some 'people', so why did you come?"

Damine held my hand with his and started to drive towards town. He didn't say anything but smiled as we drove. How could mom talk so badly of him? I wish I could be more like him. (Yall don't freak out and think he likes Damien because he doesn't. You all will find out more why he is looking at Damien thinking he was more like him because he himself is questioning things. Hint hint! Now back to reading.) "You like what you see?You keep staring." Well that's embarrassing. "I wasn't staring, I was thinking." He smirked and stopped at a stop sign and looked over at me. "Thinking? I didn't think you had a brian to think with." I felt my cheeks glow. Why did I think it was a good idea to ask him to hang out with me?

"Ugh shut up. Your one to talk. You can't even think straight when we went to the beach. We went there for fun, not for you to check out every guy's ass and flirt with most of the men." He started to laugh, and started to drive once again. "John you're forgetting something." What? Forgetting what? I looked around making sure I had my phone. "I'm not missing anything." He laughed and smirked at me. "I meant you forgot I'm not straight so how do I think straight when there's around 15 guys shirtless with no women on their arms. You really think I wouldn't try and get at least one number?" He spoke as if this was the most well known thing in the whole world.

"Damine?" I know this is going to sound stupied coming out but i have to ask or at least tell him. "Hmm." We just arrived in town, He only hummed to let me know he heard me. "Is it weird to be with a girl?" He pushed on his breaks almost sending me flying; he whipped his head my way and gave me a weird look. "What do you mean kent? I've never been with a girl?" He gave me a scared look. I felt bad that I asked this but I really wanted to know. "I meant does it feel good to be with a guy and not a girl? Or maybe it just doesn't feel right to kiss them?" Okay I have no idea how to get out of this conversation. And I'm a little worried that I might make him upset. "Jonathan? What are you getting at?" I don't know... "I-I just want to know why you like boys and not girls." Something is telling me I should have kept my mouth shut...... "John.... I don't feel comfortable talking to you about this... I mean yeah I'm okay with you knowing I'm gay but this isn't okay to ask someone kent well I mean it's okay just don't ask me." yeah I messed up. Big time. "I'm sorry.. My mom said something and I wanted to know why she thought that way.... I'm really sorry if I said something weird." I looked down at my hands not wanting to meet his eyes.

"John. Look at me for a sec." I tried to move my head upwards but ended up pulling my hair on the seatbelt, which led me to yelp. "Haha! You goofball." I met Damine's eyes for a split second. He was laughing so hard he couldn't keep his eyes on me. He shook his head at me letting out little chuckles. "You don't have to laugh so hard." He met my eyes letting a simile take place. Not a smirk but a real smile. I don't know why but I felt my chest feel warm alongside my neck until my cheeks started to turn red. "Kent. I'm only telling you this once." He moved closer to me. Pulling on my collar moving his mouth up to my ear. "Not everyone has an answer to why they like someone. I for one am starting to like a boy too. Even if he hangs out with a bunch of idiots."

He pulled his mouth away from my ear and looked me in the eyes with a straight face holding his glare. "You can't tell anyone about what i told you John. You can't let anyone know I like guys and you better make sure you keep your mouth shut about me having a new boy toy soon. Got it?" He went back to his seat and held the wheel and started to drive again. "Hello earth to John?" I blinked a few times and looked him in the eyes. "I won't tell anyone anything you tell me. You can trust me Damien. After all what do you think best friends are for?"

He dropped his glare and his lips turned upwards, his perfect teeth nearly showing between his soft lips. I'm not going to lie, I kinda thought he would kiss me for a second. I don't know why but I kinda wasn't fighting against it. I just kinda want to try too. Ugh!!! Shut up! It's Damien not just some boy who we can do things to and not think it won't hurt him forever. We worked too hard to get to this point in our lives. I can't mess this up. Plus it was just a thought. I'm just looking too far into this. "What did she say?" I looked up to meet his deep forest green eyes. "What?" I was lost in thought again. I've been doing that a lot lately. "I mean what did your mother say about me? I mean don't have to tell me but I'm just wondering why you're so bothered by it." I held his hand in mine and wished that he wouldn't pull away. "Because you're my closest friend I don't want to lose you or make you think I would choose between you two. You mean a lot to me and she's my mom. I have to love her. I just wish she wouldn't talk badly of you and talk about her gay friends like there the greast people in the world but she finds out that you are going on a "date" she gets mad and starts saying stuff like she doesn't have friends that are gay to."

"Whoa calm down. Talk slower, you're moving as fast as light right now." I can't help it. I'm just upset. I'm surprised my powers haven't acted up yet. They always act up when I get emotional. "I'm just mad she wants to talk bad about you for no reason but acts like she doesn't have a problem with her friends who like the same sex's." I pulled Damiens hand down to my thigh and started to play with his fingers. I wish I could play with him all day but I know he doesn't like to play games or go to movies. Is it wrong I kinda just want a boy to hang out with and maybe even kiss a little... "Kent?" I looked up to see where he was now standing outside my door with his hand out waiting for me to grab it. "Sorry... I'm just a little lost in my mind."

Damien looked sad for a second. I didn't understand why or what for but he seemed almost upset about something. He grabbed my hand and lead me across the street to the ice cream shop in my town. We often go here to talk. "You forgot your dog." I stopped in my tracks and turned around to his krypto watching out the car window at us with a sad face. "Crap." I looked back at Damien. "They let pets in just take him in with us and he can get an ice cream cone too. I can pay." I looked at Damien and smiled and walked over to the car and opened the door to let out krypto. He was happy to be let out. He rushed over to Damien waiting for me. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at him. Damien always had a way with animals.

~~~~~~ (time skip) ~~~~~~~~

Me, Damien and Krypto were walking down the street after getting ice cream for all three of us. We decided to walk down to the bookstore since it was down the street. "So are we good?" I looked over at Damien? "What do you mean?" I'm confused, did something happen? "I mean about earlier. You know when you said you didn't want me to think you had to choose between me and your mommy. Are we okay?" He looked confused and concerned about my answer and gave me all of his attention. "Damien of course we're okay! You know you're my best friend and I wouldn't be mad at you for long or dislike you for something you can't control." He looked sad for a second. Did I say something wrong? "Then why have you been looking at me like you're scared to say something or ask something? It's like you heard something that didn't just affect me but you too? Did she say something along the lines of 'oh Damien likes boys and you're a boy so he must like you because every guy he talks to is Obviously a crush of his.' Or something like that?"

I've never seen Damien have such a sad look in his eyes before it kinda hurts to see him like that. "No in fact she didn't say anything like that she just said how she kinda guess you were gay. And some other stuff. But it's not that important, let's just have fun for a little bit, okay?" I didn't want Damien to know that my mom kinda did say something close to that but it's not like it will hurt him not telling him.

"Oh here Krypto sorry boy I kinda forgot to give you your ice cream! Eat up!" I heard Damien chuckle form behind me. He always smiles or laughs when it's just us. He never lets anyone other than me and .... well I shouldn't be thinking about him right now. I don't want to upset Damien anymore. "Hey let's go find that new book you were talking about that was relished not too long ago!" He smiled at me and shook his head. "I already got that book John." My face dropped. "Oh. Then let's go find a new one! I'm sure there's a book in here you haven't read yet!"

I might not be like Damiens ex's but I can still keep him happy until he heals from what happened. No matter what I will make you smile Damien I will keep my promise to him!

Word count 1928.
Hey I'm not late because technically I said after 5 pm never gave a time! Anyways I hope you love the new update I will start the next chapter sometime this week but don't expect a new update until later nexts week or a week later then that but the story will be updated!

Love you and I hope you guys are save out there.