~Callaway Smith~

Everyone knew I wasn't smart.

But, I was pretty, and apparently that counted for something.

I pulled my long blonde hair into a high ponytail and reapplied some pink gloss, smacking my lips in the mirror before turning around and grabbing my purse.

"I'm leaving, Mom!" I shouted as I skipped down the stairs, hoping to avoid talking to her. Hurrying past the kitchen, I kept my head low so she was less likely to stop me.

No such luck.

"Callaway! Sweet heart!"

I stopped, closing my eyes and groaning in frustration.

"What is it?" I asked, my voice a pitch higher and laced with annoyance. She poked her head out of the kitchen, her hair held in a messy bun with wispy strands floating around her face. She pursed her lips when she caught sight of my short black skirt and pink wedges, that matched my tight fuchsia shirt.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

I rolled my eyes, sticking a hand on my hip.

"Mom, I already gained three pounds last week. Three. In just a week. I think I'll skip on your carb enriched toast and sugary orange juice," I said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

She raised an eyebrow, looking me up and down and shaking her head in defeat. "Fine, I guess-"

A car honked and I smiled, turning on my heel and flouncing to the door.

"That's my ride! Don't want to be late!" I said, and heard her sigh before starting to say goodbye, but I cut her off by slamming the door.

"What took you so long-"

I rolled my eyes and slid into Holly's car, opening my handy compact and checking my hair in the small mirror.

"Just drive, Holly, I can't miss my Chemistry test third period."

She turned around in the drivers seat, eyebrows raised and lips turned up in a condescending smirk.

"Callaway, if you have a test third period, and we have first period first, then how would you miss the test?"

I pursed my lips and thought it over. She just rolled her eyes with a scoff before I could answer.

"Step on it, Holly," Missy ordered exasperatedly, and Holly whipped her head toward her.

"Shut up, Missy. You don't even have your license. Much less a car," Holly snapped before turning back to the wheel and spinning it to the left, pulling away from the curb and putting the car in motion. My eyes widened and I pursed my lips, looking down smugly. Those two were always fighting - Missy always threatening Holly's reign and Holly always putting Missy back into her place.

But what they didn't know, was that I already had my sights set on Queen Bee.

So Missy better watch her back.