Chapter 4

"I already graduated highschool"
You said with a soft grin.
"You look so young though!" Tohru said with disbelief.
"I don't go to college I work full time or as much as I can. school was kinda difficult for me so I much prefer to work"
You said clutching a pillow to your chest.
You and Tohru sat up most of the night getting to know each other.
"Oh I'm just a junior in highschool next year is my last year" Tohru said excitedly.
"I can't wait to be a senior! Time flies by so quickly" she said her eyes gazing down.
"I wish my mom and my dad could be here to watch me graduate"
Tohru said with a soft bit of sorrow in her voice. She made herself seem so happy but in her eyes you saw sadness.

Giving her a small apologetic look you reached out and grabbed her hand.
"They may not be here physically but.. The ones who love us never really leave us you can always find them in here"
You gently pushed her hand against her heart
"I know they would be so proud of you Tohru, you're doing great and well when you graduate I know you'll do amazing things and I'm glad I'll get to see them now that we're friends" you said.

Tohrus eyes watered up and she crawled towards you and wrapped her arms around your neck.
"I'm sorry I know you're not much of a hugger" she said with her face buried in your shoulder.
"I may not be a hugger towards strangers but I am a hugger towards friends" you said while wrapping your arms around her.
She tightened her grasp on you.
"Hey You don't have to use that happy act with me Tohru I can see past that. you're sad.
you're holding emotions inside that you have told yourself that you can't show around other people I understand that feeling but you can show it. You can with me. It's okay"
You said softening your voice.

"What! How? How do you see past it?" She asked her voice wavering.
"Well when some people have gone through difficult events in their life sometimes it's just easier for them to see past the mask some have on then it is to others who haven't experienced things in their life but I don't want to talk about that right now we'll discuss it at another time if you're curious"
You said lifting your hand to run through her long brown hair.
She sniffled and stayed clinging to you.
You two stayed like that for a long time.
"You can talk to me when you're ready tohru"
You said softly into her ear.
The girl slowly nodded and you both laid down together.
She clung to you for the rest of the night.

"For the first time I feel like some of the weight have been lifted off my shoulders" she whispered.
"That's good" you said before giving the girl a little squeeze.
She lifted her hand to wipe away the remaining tears.
"I'm glad I got to meet you y/n you're so kind and helpful and I don't feel alone with my thoughts anymore nobody has really looked at me the way you do"
You gave her a small smile and continued playing with her hair.
"Well I'm here for you Tohru and besides I know we just became friends but friends to me are like family so you're now like a younger sister to me"
Tohrus eyes became watery again and she started smiling.
"I've always wanted an older sister figure" she said softly.
"I can't wait for you to meet kisa she's like a younger sister to me"

"Look at that we're all family now" you said with a grin.
"What about Yuki and Kyo? They seem like good brotherly figures"
Tohru said.
"Sweet home Alabama" you said suddenly.
Tohru paused and snorted lightly.
"What?" She said in a loud tone she started giggling.
"What's that suppose to mean" she said while wiping away tears from laughing.
"Oh you know the way Kyo stares at you is questionable, he so likes you Tohru I see it written all over his face"
Tohrus face went red. "Wait really?"
You nodded.
She melted and hid her eyes.
You started laughing. "Aww you both would be a cute couple!"
You loved seeing that smile on Tohrus face. It made you happy.

"Maybe" you both started teasing each other until dawn and then you both passed out.

"My you two seemed to have a good night last night as I passed by the room to go to mine I could hear giggling! What were you talking about? Boys?" Shigure said with a smirky grin on his face.
You shook your head no as Tohru remember the events last night and she started blushing.
"I mean I was teasing her about the crush someone has on her but that's about it" you said keeping the conversation you had last night private.
You watched as Kyo slowly turned towards you.
You wiggled your eyebrows at him.

"I know your secrets lover boy" you mouthed to him.
He huffed and looked away.
Rolling your eyes slightly you turned to Yuki who was slowly waking up.
"Wake up rat man! you Tohru and Kyo have school while I have to get to my job"
You shook him and he slowly looked at you and then his head collapsed on your shoulder.
"Hey are you alright?" You checked his forehead and it was warm.
"Shigure do you have a thermometer by any chance" you asked him politely.
He nodded and went to go retrieve it.
He came back and you gently pushed it into yukis mouth.
"Ah yes as I suspected you have a fever"
You said before ruffling his hair a little.
He gave you sad eyes before leaning his head on your shoulder once again.

Looking at the time you looked at the two teens who were messing around with a keychain of tohrus.
"You two should get going, don't want to be late" you gave both of them a warm smile.
They nodded and grabbed their bags.
As they headed out Kyo stopped in his tracks.
"Wait why did I just listen to her" he scratched his head.
Tohru grinned "she has a tone of voice you just can't say no too"
Kyo shook his head and grabbed Tohrus hand.
"Come on let's go"

Placing a wet rag on yukis forehead you made sure he was comfortable.
Before leaving and coming back with a glass of water you placed that glass of water beside his bedside.
"Oh Yuki your room is a mess" you muttered. Before picking up a few items. Tidying his room up so he wouldn't slip and fall on anything you stood up and dusted your hands.
"Hatori will be stopping by to check up on you I have to head out, I hope you feel better" you said in a soft voice.
Yuki could feel his chest growing warmer as he stared at you. His heart thumped a little faster and he could feel that familiar fuzziness in his chest when he was happy.
"Be safe" he whispered before nodding off.
"I will" closing his door you went to shigures room to say goodbye.

He was busy writing so you said your goodbyes rather quickly.
"Oh y/n you are welcome back whenever you want! stop by any time" he said with a wink.
You smiled at him. "I appreciate that Shigure I'll be back to check up on Yuki later and besides I still have Yet to figure out which zodiac animal you are"
Closing the door you left and returned to your house to get your work clothes.

"Good morning Gary"
You said as you approached him.
he was unlocking the door.
"And she lives! Glad to see you're back and okay y/n!"
Giving him a nod you slipped your sleeves up.
"I'll start on the pastries"
He nodded and started setting up.
"Ryu is late again" he said scratching his head. "I hope she is alright" he said before changing the closed sign to open.
"I'm sure she is okay she always runs late perhaps her younger brother has missed the train again" you said setting the tables. Gary nodded.
You disappeared into the back to work on some baked goods.
You worked at a small cafe it was your favorite job you've had. Your manager was so nice and sweet all your coworkers were easy to get along with and most of all you got to bake which was one of your most favorite things to do.

Gary had started the bakery/dine in back when he and his wife were young but unfortunately due to age his wife had grown sick and spent most days home.
She was the sweetest lady you've ever met.
And their daughter who visited every now and then was friendly as well.
Taking a deep breath you placed a smile on your face.
"Alright ready to go"

It was busy hour and ryu finally showed up.
"I'm so sorry I'm late it won't happen again"
She apologized to you.
"It's alright take your time I'll handle this for now head back and get ready"
She bowed and thanked you before heading into the back.
Sighing softly you went to go help more customers.
Busy hour was finally over and things went back to being smooth.
"Ah finally I can't feel my feet" you muttered.
Running back and forth between tables was a little exhausting.
But you and ryu managed.
"It's harder when it's just the two of us" ryu commented.
"Where's zui?" She asked.
Giving her a shrug you sighed.
"I have no idea but he didn't come in today perhaps he's sick"
You suggested. Ryu nodded and sat down.
"Y/n you never take days off how are you not exhausted?"
Ryu asked with curiosity

You just shrugged. "I don't feel the need to, I enjoy being here it's one of the highlights of my day"
Ryu smiled "I wish I was as positive as you"
Giving her a small smile you raised your arms in a stretch. "Well it beats being alone at my house" she nodded "I get that"
The bell above the door made a soft noise as the door opened and you both turned towards the door.
"Welcome"
Seeing who it was made you turn on your heel and disappear into the kitchen.
"How the HELL does he know where I work!?"