Chapter III

I feel the car come to a gentle stop and decide it's time to open my eyes. The same house from this morning comes into view and I notice the same man that kicked me out leaning against the door. His body leans, with defined muscles. A white sleeveless singlet hangs loosely on his body, daggy blue sweatpants hang slackly on his hip bone.

With a welcoming smile on his lips, his facial expression looks ten times more relaxed compared to this morning's dispute. I climb out of the car slowly, dragging my feet as I come around to the other side of the car.

The man notices me and instantly his face grows hardened with displeasure. He takes large steps down the stairs, only a few meters away from me. Just before he can reach me, Abel throws a protective arm in front of my face, half his body covering my sight. I glance up at him and he sends me a reassuring smile.

"Quinn, that's enough," Abel warns, "this man here is a guest and will be staying with us for a couple of days." Abel's tone drops and Quinn sends him a glare.

"This MAN was inside the house this morning!" He yells, his face glowing red in anger. Abel gives Quinn a warning glare which shuts him up instantaneously. He huffs then storms back into the house. I wonder why he's so angry, I was only eating breakfast. He's acting like he caught me stealing.

"Sorry about him, he's always been a little dramatic." Abel sighs running a hand through his dark hair. He must've let it out in the car at some point. My fingers tingle with the urge to run through his hair. It looks so soft.

"It's fine, I'm sure he has his reasons." Abel hums and starts walking up the stairs, me slowly trailing behind him. His back wide under the slightly tight white blouse he wore. His shoulder blades move under the fabric. I must look like a dam needle compared to them.

The instant we walk into the house, my body is enveloped with warmth, and shivers run down my spine. Two split stairs lead up to the second story, golden engraved railings follow the stairs up. I follow Abel under the stairs to the kitchen where Quinn angrily nibbles on some food.

It was obvious that I was an unwanted guest so it was a goal of mine now to leave the house as soon as possible, so I don't burden them any longer. An arm snakes around my shoulder, pulling me closer to the owner.

"What a cutie, what's your name?" I look up at the new male, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the unfamiliar touch.

"I-I don't know," I respond, watching his forest green eyes widen in shock. His eyebrows knit together, as his curly red hair falls in front of his face.

"What do ya mean you don't know your name?" He asks, his eyes never leaving my own. I grow self-conscious of the attention from the three men in the room and cast my eyes down.

"I-I mean, I don't r-r-remember my name." It's the truth, I don't remember my name, it's been so long since I last heard it and I was too young to remember what I was called when I was kicked out of the house. A gasp of shock comes from in front of me, I glance up and meet Abel's beautiful silver eyes. His hip leans against the counter, arms crossed.

The man with his arm around me lets go and instead grabs both my shoulders. His green eyes pour into mine, close up you can notice splotches of freckles along his nose. His lips pull into a thin line of concern.

"So you don't have a name?" A shake my head no and cast my gaze back down. Silence fills the air as the unknown man's arms drop to his side. They must think I'm a freak. I mean who the hell doesn't know their dam name. Me apparently.

"Oh, you poor boy." The unknown man says pulling me into his embrace. He was slightly taller than me but you wouldn't notice the height difference unless you were close enough. Honestly, it felt kinda nice in his embrace. It felt so warm and... loving. I push him away before I can think any further. I can't stay.