Chapter VIII

Quinn stumbles down the stairs with Oskar close behind, an arm wrapped around Quinn's waist. Quinn's eyes half lidded; his movements sloppy.

"Are you okay?" I ask, watching as they come to the last step.

"I'm fine, sorry for any concern." Oskar smirks and pulls away from Quinn walking over to Abel.

"Should we go swimming?" Oskar asks Abel. Swimming? I've never been swimming before.

"Ezra, do you want to go swimming?" Everyone looks at me and I flush under the attention. I think for a few seconds then come to my answer.

"I- um- don't know how to swim but I'd like to try." Everyone turn towards me, their eyes widen.

"Really... Ah but that would only make sense since you've lived on the streets for all your life." Quinn says, Abel and Oskar's head snap in his direction, glares on their faces. Quinn's eyes widen in realisation.

"I am so sorry, that was rude. Lets go swimming I'm sure Oskar can teach you." Quinn slips off his chair and runs up the stairs, disappearing from sight.

"I'm willing to teach you." Oskar hums, I nod and start walking up the stairs. My pace comes to a sudden stop when I remember I have no swimming wear. I turn around, my face growing hot with every second.

"I- I don't have anything to wear." Oskar and Abel smile up at me.

"That's okay, I'm sure Quinn is willing to lend you some board shorts."

"EZRA, I HAVE AN EXTRA PAIR OF SHORTS YOU CAN BORROW, IF YOU WANT!" Quinn yells from the top of the stairs. Oskar and Abel glare at the red head who smiles mischievously, rolling his lips in.

"Thank you, I'll go get changed then." I point to upstairs and start walking to my room. Laying flat on the bed is blue and white board shorts. I strip of my shirt and drop my pants to the ground. They pool around my feet as I step out of them.

Slowly, I slide the pants up my legs and sit them above my hip. They were a size too big but they should work for now. I fold my clothes and place them on my bed. I pull the door back just a few inches and look down the hallway. The door across from mine opens as Quinn comes skipping through.

He stops and stares at me. I can't help my eyes as they wander down his body. Admiring his pretty features. Freckles splash across his chest and shoulders. His skin a ghostly pale from lack of sun. He wasn't exactly lean but rather more on the skinny side. Not as skinny as I but that comes from being homeless and eating little to no food.

"Do they fit?" He asks. My body was still behind the door so I step out and show him the shorts. They loosely hang on my hips and I can't help but pull them up even though they slip back down.

"They're too big but they should do for now." I tell him, he hums in response and grabs my hand.

"Let's go, Abel and Oskar are already waiting downstairs." Quinn pulls me down the stairs and out the back door. Passing the kitchen and loungeroom on the way. We pass a few other doors then step outside. A small smile dancing on Quinn's lips.

He's kinder compared to our first interaction when he kicked me out of the house. Butterflies form in my stomach when he turns around and grins widely at me. His green eyes shining under the warm sun.

"Come on slow poke." He says. I stumble on my feet to catch up. My eyes lift up to see Abel and Oskar watching as we run over to them. Both men shirtless as towels and other things lay next to their feet. This isn't good for my health. All of them look absolutely gorgeous compared to me. Abel's body lean while Oskar's supplies just a little more muscle.