44

Dozing off in the hospital waiting room, I held Hayden close to me

Dozing off in the hospital waiting room, I held Hayden close to me. Jason and Nessa sat across from us, far apart. It made me curious, wondering if they had already had their "talk" Hayden was telling me about.

I softly took my arm from around Hayden and stood up, tapping Jason and signaling him to come outside with me.

"Wassup bro?"

"What's good with you and Ness?"

He frowned softly before tilting his head.

"She uh....she said we can't really be close like that no more."

"Like y'all can't be friends?"

He shook his head "no" and I sighed. "She said she tried to hold on to our friendship but at this point all it do is hurt her. Especially now, if I have Illyana with me or something, she said it just remind her of what I did to her. She said she always gon love me but she can't be around me. Least not now. So she keeping her distance."

"I'm sorry bro. How you feel bout it?"

"I mean, I understand. I wish I could fix it....but I can't. I got her to this point and ion want her to be around me and feel unhappy." He paused. "You know she taking her full ride to UCLA?"

I shook my head. "Nah I ain't know that. She really tryna make literal space between y'all huh."

"I think she tryna make space from everything. And truthfully....she deserve it. I wouldn't wanna be around me either."

"Aye, don't beat yaself up too much Ight? Shit went down, and it is was it is. I'm sure one day, on her time, yall will be good again."

"Micah!"

I turned my head to see Hayden at the door.

"Wassup?"

"The baby is here!"

Thank God. It had been like 9 fuckin hours. Lil baby Taylor was not tryna bust a move.

Jason and I made our way back in the hospital and Hayden grabbed my hand.

"They're gonna take us to Mommy's room." She said before pulling me behind her. I laughed at her excitement, but who wouldn't be happy? Having a new little sister to meet.

"Everyone put on their booties please." The nurse asked us as she held out the box. "And wash your hands when you enter, if you're going to touch the baby."

Hayden made quick work of putting on her booties and dashing into the room and Jason and I laughed.

Nessa shook her head. "I was gonna say I ain't never seen her move so fast, but he was on the track team."