Chapter 10: Missing the sports festival for a stupid physical

"Sero, can you still move?" The judge, shivering and half covered in ice, spoke out.

"O-of course not."

"Sero is immobilized. Todoroki advances to the second round!" The crowd was silent for a second before they started to chant.

"Don't worry about it!"

"Sorry, I went overboard." Todoroki started to unfreeze his hostage. "I was angry."

The channel once again cut to commercials and, at the hospital, doctors and nurses stood in the hallway, peeking into a room. A certain (H/c) patient had changed out of their hospital clothes and into a pair of joggers and a t-shirt, sleeves cut off and slightly too big for his body. (Y/n) had finished eating and started an easy work out. The boy was currently doing sit-ups and talking to himself about the sports festival and the unfair match-up he had just watched.

He stopped talking and focused his attention back to the T.V as Present Mic's voice caught his interest.

"The assassin from Class B! Pretty things have thorns, you know! From the hero course, it's Ibara Shiozaki!" It zoomed in on her face as she stepped onto the stage. "Versus-- Sparkling Killing Boy!" It zoomed in on the face of Kaminari and (Y/n) snorted at the name. "From the hero course, it's Denki Kaminari! Now, we'll have a super flashy battle this time too--" Present Mic was interrupted by Shiozaki.

"Please excuse the interruption. What do you mean by 'assassin'? I have only come to find victory, not take my opponent's life."

"I-I'm sorry!"

"In the first place, I wished to enter U.A high school not for wicked reasons, but for the salvation of others..."

"I said, I'm sorry! My bad, okay?!"

"I thank you for your understanding." She bowed in the direction of the commentator box, turning and walking back to her start point.

"A-anyway, start!" Kaminari talked to Shiozaki for a second before powering up. He threw all his electricity at her but she simply turned around. Her hair grew bigger, planting in the ground and detaching from her head. Kaminari's face turned dumb and the ground cracked as Shiozaki's vines went through the ground like pipes. Her vines popped back out and wrapped around Kaminari's torso, much like Sero's tape did to Todoroki. He was held in the air and the match ended.

"Shiozaki advances to the next round!" The round had ended so quickly and they hadn't filled in the slot so the commentator told us a bit about Shiozaki's quirk, and instead of cutting to commercial, went right into the fourth match.

"Now, it's time for the fourth match! We're just gonna keep rolling along! Rush headlong towards the top!" The crowd cheered. "It's like he's the epitome of the middle of the pack! From the hero course, it's Tenya Iida! Versus-- Fully equipped with support items! From the support course, it's Mei Hatsume!"

"That's generally against the rules for those in the hero course. Those who must use equipment needed to petition beforehand." Midnight cut in after Iida slipped on a support item.

"I forgot about that! Aoyama also wore a belt, so I thought it was fine!"

"He submitted a petition."

"I humbly apologize!" Iida bowed to Midnight. "However, my heart was moved by my opponent's sportsmanship. Even though she is from the support course, she said she wanted an even match since she had made it this far. She said she wanted to fight fairly. So, she gave me this equipment! I did not think I could ignore her fighting spirit!" He stood back up, putting a hand on his chest. Midnight squealed.

"I'll allow it!"

"Well, since permission's been granted, let's start the match!" Iida sprinted at Hatsume and she grinned even wider.

"Isn't that acceleration wonderful, Iida?" Her voice boomed and echoed through her speakers. "Don't your legs feel lighter than usual? That's only to be expected! Those leg parts are helping the wearer's movements along! And I-"

Iida was right on her but tripped as a pole lodged into the ground and pushed Hatsune into the air.

"-can evade easily with my hydraulic attachments!" She looked up, beaming at the support companies. Iida ran at her, again tripping over the pole that lifted the girl into the air. "Since I've got sensors in every direction, I can even deal with attacks from behind!"

"Aizawa-san, it's time for your physical," A smiling nurse stepped through the door. 

A/N: Sorry it's so short! I wanted to give you a little something and get this out of the way. See you guys later!