Chapter 2: Recommendations and The First Day of School

(Proof-read, edited)

"(Y/N), there's a letter for you!" My dad called from the porch. I stopped my sit ups, looking towards him. He held an envelope with the UA insignia pressed on it in ink. His face held a big smile as he waved it slightly.

I got up, running across the backyard to the porch and attempting to grab the envelope. Dad moved it away from my hand, smiling wider.

"You don't need to read it. I already know what it says," He laughed. "You've been accepted into UA Highschool and since I already know how good your quirk is you don't have to go to the recommendation exams. You start (date),"

I stared, wide eyed, at my dad. Jumping at him, I pulled him into a hug and laughed, chanting 'I got in! I got in!'. Dad laughed, hugging me back.

~Very large time skip~

Dad and I trained hard over the next few months. My muscles have become even more defined. I mastered mixed martial arts and expanded my quirk time limit to over 24 hours.

Before we knew it, the first day of school was upon us.

~~~

"(Y/N), get up," Dad poked my forehead.

"Noooooo," I whined, pulling my blanket over my head. "Five more minutes,"

"That's what you said five, ten and fifteen minutes ago," Dad deadpanned. "You only have ten minutes to get ready before I leave you here," Wide awake, I sat up. Dad laughed as I rushed to put on my uniform.

"Don't laugh, old man," I glared lightly at him, throwing on my bag and leaving my room. He followed close after me, grabbing his keys as I pulled on my usual black converses.

We left the house, soon arriving at school. I awkwardly followed my dad, slightly anxious and not knowing what to do. He walked to a room, which I assume was the teachers lounge, and put on his yellow sleeping bag.

"Hey, (Y/n), you should pull me to class," He smiled creepily at me. I rolled my eyes, using vines which emerged from my arms to wrap around him and the sleeping bag. I dragged him out of the room and down the hall, following his directions until we reached a large door labeled 1-A.

I stopped in front of the doors, grimacing as I heard the loud talking from inside and unwrapping dad. He stood up, ruffling my hair for reassurance.

"Don't worry. You'll do great," He smiled, the same creepy smile I've gotten used to. He flopped back down and put on an extremely tired face. "Go somewhere else if you want to play at being friends. This is the hero course," He unzipped the sleeping bag, pulling a Go-Go Squeeze out and sipping from it, scaring the three students standing in the doorway. He stood up again, unzipping the bag and pushing it down. "Okay, it took eight seconds before you were quiet. Time is limited. You kids aren't rational enough," He paused, staring at the kids. "I'm your homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. Nice to meet you,"

The whole class broke out in murmurs.

"It's kind of sudden, but put this on and go out to the field," The class made a collective sound that seemed to be a sound of confusion, but all eventually went to the locker rooms and changed. I went as well, dad handing me the gym uniform he pulled out of his sleeping bag.

~~~

"A quirk assessment test?!"

"What about the entrance ceremony? The orientation?" A brown haired girl asked.

"If you're going to become a hero, you don't have time for leisurely activities. U.A.'s selling point is how unrestricted its school traditions are. That's also how the teachers run their classes." His voice still sounded bored and tired, like he had just woken up. I shook my head at him, grinning slightly. "You've been doing these since junior high, right? Physical fitness tests where you aren't allowed to use your quirk. The country still uses averages taken from results from students not using their quirks. It's not rational. The ministry of Education is procrastinating." He turned a little. "Bakugo, you finished at the top of the practical exam, right? In junior high, what was your best result for the soft ball throw?"