CEO

You run a hand through your hair exasperated, work has been hard but it has to be done, being the CEO was no easy job.

'I should get something to eat and some coffee as well' you think to yourself as you get up from your seat at the the desk and got out it. The difference between your office and the rest of the building was a little jarring, you had yours designed after a Victorian era study so it was trippy to walk out of your office and into other areas.

You go to the kitchen area in the building and start making noodles and brewing coffee, as the CEO of a huge company, you could be going to the best restaurants in town but you preferred to eat like this because it reminded you of where you came from.

In the next room, you catch sight of the new hire, at his desk typing away, at an empty desk, with a twinge of emotion, you remembered that you were in the same position he is in now. " Danny Phantom, right?" You say coming up behind him, as quietly as possible he jumps . "CEO(Y/N)! You startled me" he exclaims breathing heavily. He's cute, with gentle yet strong features and a head of brown hair with lighter streaks on it. Your cheeks begin to heat up at the thought but quickly push it down.

" Eat lunch with me"you say smirking at him. " Thank you for that, but I-" " that wasn't a request, that can be done later." You interrupt him dropping the shit-eating grin you previously wore, pleased by his jumpy state. He gets up without a another word and follows you to the break room where the ramen is stewing.

" What do you want me to call you? Danny? Mr. Phantom? How old are you?" You ask him while stirring the noodles, hoping that they don't get soggy being on the stove too long. You sighed in relief and dumped the seasoning packet in and mixing it in." Just call me Danny. I am 24, turning 25 in June." Oh, we are the same age then" you say as you carefully plated the ramen noodles and put them both on the table along with the freshly made coffee. "I should be working now" Danny says guilt ringing in his tone . "I will show you a way to do it much more effectively. Now eat" you say and dig in to the spicy noodles. You fear that  Danny might not like the spiciness but the man seemed to take it well.

"How do you like your coffee?" You ask he responds with a little creamer and sugar. You make your own and sit down.

You both soon finish the noodles, drain your coffee mugs and head back to work. You show the confused new employee how to do his tasks much quicker than before. He learns much sooner than the other workers did, pretty soon he was able to do it himself.

A while later he comes into your office to thank you but you brush it off, not wanting to be thanked. You rub your temples in an attempt to ease the headache that was coming.

Danny took notice of this and offered to massage your head. You say yes and he gets to work, pressing his fingers gently against your scalp. It feels nice, your headache regresses and heat floods to to your cheeks. You sigh at pleasant sensation but at the same time pray that he does not  see the redness of your cheeks.

"Is it working?" Danny asks in soft voice, causing your heart to pick up pace. You hum in response"okay I think that's enough" you say and fix your hair.

"You are good at this"you compliment him smiling genuinely. "Oh, it's no big deal, I used to do this for my brother. " He waves away your praise. 

The clock on the wall chimes, reminding you of the time. "Oh, my, look at the time, you should go home" you cry frantically." Alright, see you tomorrow, boss" Danny waves as he leaves. " Oh, and by the way, you're cute when you smile like that". Your hear hammers at your chest and the heat returns to your cheeks at full force.

Shaking yourself out of the state, you too get up to leave for the day wondering what the odd feeling that took a hold of you was.