Shopping scares and tons of screaming

“Ashton I’m coming!”

I round the corner preparing to kill whatever is hurting my baby, but all I find is him sitting on the floor holding two flashlights with a distraught look on his face. I let out a sigh of relief to see nothings wrong, “Ashton why did you scream I thought you were being hurt by something.”

He gives me a pained smile and with tears streaming down his face, lifts up the flashlights, “I don’t know which one to get, you said grab the heavy duty ones but do I get the heavy duty or the extra heavy duty?”

Rolling my eyes I say, “Just get them both. Put them in your cart and hurry before one of those things wanders in here, if there aren’t any already.” I peer around his now standing form to look at a cart he too found and has filled up. “So is that all did you get everything else even th–”

With a confused look on his face Ashton runs down the list of all the things he’s got, “Bedding, batteries, flashlights, I think that’s all you wanted me to grab. Hey why do you look like that what’s wrong did I forget something? OH NO I DID! I can’t believe it, what did I forget?”

Shaking with fear I try to warn Ashton of the bloodied figure that has stumbled down the aisle and is right behind him, “Z-z-mbe hin o ash.” I squeak just in time for him to turn around and keep the monster from taking a chunk of his godly flesh. The zombie knocks Ashton up against a shelf causing items to clatter to the ground. Snapping its teeth repeatedly the thing uses Ash’s moment of shock to lean forward and bite his shoulder.

Both of us scream for very different reasons, I am sure. Still screaming I take my cart and ram it into the zombie shoving it off of Ash, pushing it onto the ground. Another scream joins our duo screaming creating a trio of screams. A whirlwind of blonde rushes past me screaming, Tiffany, she reaches in my cart pulls out a book and hits the zombie square upside the head. Screaming still she bashes its head. Only after the thing has stopped moving do we quiet down.

“My baby!” Tiffany and I say in unison. She runs to Ashton and I to the book. Picking up the blood soaked book, I try to wipe away the bits of brain matter and skull to see the title. Parenting Guide to Children. Dropping the book I sigh happily, “Oh thank Zayn for a second I thought it was a good book you’d just ruined Tiff.”

Remembering Ashton and the bite all the blood drains from my face. Slowly I get up and walk over to where he’s laying on the floor, his head in Tiff’s lap. She’s leaning over him her hair covering his face, but I can still hear them speaking.

“No really I’m fine it didn’t get me it just ripped off a piece of my shirt, well Luke’s shirt but yes I am fine. No honestly I don’t think you need to give me cpr. Your hand is um un-u-under my shirt, if you could just, oh thank you I do absolutely no working out. If you don’t mind I am going to sit up now.”

Tiffany scoots back giving him room to sit up. She leaps into my arms when she looks up, “Oh my Zayn he’s okay Sin it just bit off some fabric. I should have thanked the damn thing instead of killed it and I would have had I known, but then it probably would have tried to bite him again so it had to die.”

I gently push her away and smile glad to know he’s okay. “That’s wonderful,” I say turning to look at Ash, “we have everything so we just need to get your stuff Tiff and Cal’s then we can leave.”

“Oh no I already took my stuff to the car I came back in to see if you guys needed help when I heard the screaming, good thing I came back too I see.”

I blush thinking back to how I provided absolutely no help when Ash needed me. “I’m so sorry Ashton I should have done something, but I just froze like an idiot. If not for Tiffany you’d be–”