Good kitty

Walking back to your room, you smell Cordelia all over your body. Vanilla and Lavender swirl around in your nose, making you feel slightly intoxicated.
"Maybe it's the sleep mask?"
You wonder, genuinely thinking that the sleep mask was the closest feeling you'll ever have to being high.
Classes start in a few minutes, so you rush around your room picking an outfit before jumping in the shower.
After your shower, you throw on your clothes and head downstairs. The house is alive with noise and movement. You have transfiguration this morning and look around for Zoe. You see her in the dining room and slide into the class, taking a seat next to one of the younger witches. Of course, Zoe notices and gives you a disapproving frown.
"Okay so to reiterate, we will be getting into pairs to see who can transform a pencil into a worm."
"Ew!" The girls cry, Zoe laughs.
"You can change them back after. Come on girls, into pairs."
Everyone in this class is quite a bit younger than you, and you don't know them well. The witches seemed to have paired instantly.
"Remember if you win you get the chocolates."
There's some excitement as Zoe shows the class a massive box of chocolates.
"Need a partner?"
A soft voice says over your shoulder.
Cordelia is standing over your shoulder, looking at you with the softest eyes. She wore a beautiful navy blue dress.
"Hey that's not fair!" The youngest witch, Helena, who you're probably closest to in the academy, shouts. You just laugh and flick your fingers and watch the pencil turn into a worm.
"It wasn't fair anyway. I needed worms for my garden at home."
Looking up at Cordelia.
"Sorry but you're useless to me."
You say playfully, and she bumps your shoulder with her hip.
"I see you two have met."
Zoe says, looking impressed at the worm whilst in awe of how I spoke to the supreme. Something about sleeping on her lap and pulling her hair all in one night just made you feel at ease- you couldn't do anything else that embarrassing, so you might as well have fun.
"Okay we need to make this a fair contest. Y/n you turn Cordelia into a cat."
"What!" Cordelia and you both say at the same time.
"Delia you crashed my lesson."
Zoe says with a smug smile before turning to you.
"And y/n if worms are so easy, let's try something bigger. On your marks, get set, go!"
The girls fly into action chanting spells; you notice some try to flick their fingers the way you did. Slowly your eyes land on Cordelia's, who has pulled up a chair next to you.
"So, I'm not turning you into a cat. Want to get a coffee?"
Cordelia looks shocked.
"You're asking the supreme to skive with you."
You blush as you understand how it sounds.
"I just ment go to the kitchen."
Cordelia hums in thought with a smile on her face.
"No. Turn me into a cat, I want to see if you can do it."
The challenge in her eyes ignites something in you, and you shrug your shoulders.
"If you're sure."
You reach around her to grab a book from behind her head. You feel her breath on your cheek, and your heart begins to race.
"Research."
You say, trying to ignore the blush on your cheeks. Cordelia hums in acknowledgement.
About ten minutes go by as you read. You notice that none of the witches had managed to turn their pencils into worms yet. Finally, you have formulated a spell that you think will work.
You stand up and gesture for Cordelia to move and let you pass. She moves her legs, and you slip by her smelling the familiar smell of Lavender and vanilla. Your heart stops for a moment before you focus.
"Okay are you ready?" You ask Cordelia, and she nods. You can see in her eyes that she doesn't think you can do it, but it just makes you all the more determined.
"But do I even want a cat." You ponder cheekily as she watches you. "I mean I'm more of a dog person anyway."
"Y/n."
Cordelia grows, and the sound goes right through your body.
"Cat yes cat. I love cats, always been a cat person. Okay let's see."
You kneel down in front of her and put your hand lightly on her knee. You close your eyes, and with all the intent you can muster, you whisper the words.
You hear the noise in the room quiet, and when you open your eyes, you see why. Sitting before you is a stunned looking golden cat.
"I did it!" You laugh happily and move your hand to stroke the cat. Cordelia hisses at you, and the class laughs.
"Bad kitty."
You say with a laugh and watch the cats tail sway menacingly.
Zoe walks over and looks amazed.
"Wow y/n I'm impressed."
You look at Zoe and then Cordelia sitting on the chair, tail swaying, looking evil.
"Damn you're one scary cat."
You mumble, and the cat moves its mouth to speak but only meows come out.
"Aw I take it back."
Some of the younger students have come over and looked desperate to pet the cat. You look at Cordelia's eyes and see the words reflected in them.
Change me back.
You sigh and nod. You touch the cat's little paw, close your eyes, and repeat the spell again. Before long, you feel a knee under your hand and open your eyes. Looking just a regal as the cat, Cordelia is sat in its place. You move your hand from her knee and grin.
Zoe comes over and hands you the chocolates. You smile and hand them to Cordelia.
"For you partner."
The bell rings, and you watch Cordelia look at you like she's deciding on whether or not to be angry.
"I've got to run to class."
You move a few steps away before turning back.
"Bye kitten!"
You run away before she can hex you.