6 | Lucky & Hungry

Chapter Six: Lucky & Hungry

"swimming in the memories,
I'm floating in the deep end,"
~ gracie abrams

━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

I woke up, feeling disoriented for what felt like a few minutes before fluttering my eyes open. I was laying on Adrianna's bed—which was pressed against the wall with a window.

My eyes lifted and noticed that it was sunny outside, with snow sprinkling down.

"Adrianna?" I yawned, turning my head to my left, only to cringe at the slight headache I had. God, liquor was not a friend.

After adjusting my eyes, I noted that she wasn't in her squared bedroom.

My eyes looked over her grey walls, yellow decorative pieces and white furniture before sitting up. Her closet doors were mirrors, so I quickly fixed up my long hair with the elastic on my wrist before slowly sliding out of her double size bed.

My eyes were black like a raccoon, since I didn't take off last nights mascara and eyeliner. So, I went to her desk next to her bed and pulled out the makeup wipes from the first drawer on the right.

I spent the next few minutes cleaning off the makeup before stepping into the hall, rubbing my dry mouth. I was still swearing the shorts and tee-shirt I slept in as I began my search.

But as I was about to turn right, where the staircase was at the end of the hall, someone bumped into me.

I sucked in a breath just as two hands reached out and held my shoulders, stopping me from falling back. Without letting me go, I twisted my head and swallowed when I met Jared's eyes.

"Hey," he coughed, letting me go like I burned him. "You feeling okay, Lucky?"

I rotated my body in his direction, ignoring how it yearned for his touch. "Yeah, I... have you seen Adrianna?"

"No," he shook his head once, but kept his eyes on me, like he was searching for something. "I mean, yeah. I just saw her. She's downstairs."

"Thanks," I rushed out before walking away from him.

I was halted again when I felt a large hand wrap around my wrist. I peered over my shoulder, seeing Jared part his mouth slightly.

My eyes couldn't help but watch as he quickly licked his lower lip. "You sure you're feeling okay?"

"Y-yeah." I cleared my throat. "I have a small headache, but that's about it. I think I drank too much last night."

We went to the creek last night—most people were there. Even with it being February, the weather wasn't too bad, so people went to the creek and got smashed. The alcohol helped warm us all up.

Slowly, Jared's fingers unwrapped themselves from my wrist. "I have Tylenol in my room," he offered, cocking his head. "Could help."

I nodded cautiously, watching him with worry. "Are you okay? You seem... different."

"Just tired. I went to sleep late and woke up early. I feel like shit."

With a frown, I whirled around, so my body was facing him again. "Why? You didn't drink, right?"

"No." His eyes looked me over. "I should probably call Matt, though. Didn't see him last night."

"Maybe if you didn't follow me," I teased, his eyes playfully glaring.