22 | Lucky & In Love

Chapter Twenty-Two: Lucky & In Love

"and if the sky falls from heaven above, oh I
know I had the best time fallin' into love,"
~ ashe & finneas

━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

I was laughing, throwing my head back at Adrianna, who was pretending to snort sand into her nose. "Stop, you're gonna—"

"Breathe out sand?" Adrianna smirked next to me before focusing on the handful of sand she was holding. "That's all part of the plan, Clove."

"Okay, but if you're doing it, I'm recording you," I warned, already pulling out my phone from my dress pocket. "Great blackmail material."

She said nothing, only stretching her sand-filled hand so it was right under my nose. "You're doing it too, or you're forever deemed a pussy."

I rolled my eyes. "I wouldn't want that—oh wait! A pussy!" I gasped dramatically, my gaze dropping to the v between my legs. "I never would have thought."

"Snort it," Adrianna demanded, shoving her hand closer to my face.

I pushed it toward her, which made her blue eyes shine with determination. "You do it first, love. While I record."

With a grumble, she pursed her lips and brought her hand closer to her face. But I didn't choose to watch her. My eyes scanned the beach, landing on the waves crashing only a few feet away from me.

The sun was setting, the sky mixed with different shades of pink, purple and orange. But despite the hypnotizing sight in front of me, my eyes continued to trail around my surroundings, searching for something. Someone.

I sucked in an unintentional breath of air when I focused to my left, seeing a body walking on the sand, in our direction. Their face was hidden, but I felt myself wanting to go to them.

"Clove?" Adrianna breathed out next to me.

I forced my eyes to peel away from the man, only to meet Adrianna's glistening gaze. She wobbly smiled before plopping her hands on the sand we were sitting on top of.

"I love you," she stiffened, peering over my shoulder. "You should go."

My lips parted as my brows pulled together. "But, Adri—"

Her eyes shot to mine, more determined than before. "Go." She began to nod before licking her lips. "Go be happy."

I felt my eyes watering but stayed rooted in my spot for a few more moments. "I love you," I whispered before throwing my arms around her.

She chuckled next to my ear but wrapped her arms around me, nonetheless. We spent what felt like minutes hugging each other before she cleared her throat, pulling her head back.

"Go. Stop being a pussy," she stated, but her expression was torn as I sat back.

I gave her another small grin before curling my legs under me. With little effort, I pushed myself onto my feet, turning my head to the man. His face was revealed, and I felt myself grinning.

With one last look over my shoulder, I gave Adrianna smile before jogging the distance between the man and myself.

It wasn't long until I stood in front of him, laughing as he swung me around. When I pulled my head back, grinning widely, I met his crystal blue eyes.