CHECKMATE

V

Santa Monica, California 3/12/2021 (9 pm)

Jay started to approach Bey with their children so she forced herself to get it together.

"Bey, who was that?" he questioned

"oh nobody.... just an old friend," she answered quickly.

Bey was many things and a liar was NOT one of them. But when given the circumstances, she could, unlike her husband, turn into one of the best liars of all time as much as she hated to admit it.

"Alright... if you say so," Jay said as he shrugged his shoulders taking her word for it.

'nothing' Jay thought to himself...but only if that was true. There is no such thing as nothingness, and zero does not exist. Everything is something and nothing is nothing.

Jay kept an eye on Derrick for the remainder of the evening and Bey eyed Tia down as if she loathed her. She couldn't deny her jealousy but she did promise to be kinder. Tia was a Columbian American woman with a model figure and a beautiful smile, she was also the sister of one of Jay's friends. They've been seeing one another for only one week but Jay didn't feel right bringing her around the kids without Bey's blessing, so bringing her to the recital was his weird way of including her.

Tia walked over to Jay and Blue then handed her some flowers and a gift bag.

"This is for you little princess." she said

Blue had the biggest smile on her face as she checked the bag out. she saw a few Bratz dolls in there and began jumping for joy.

"Woah! Blue what do we say?" Jay said to his daughter

"oh! sorry, daddy. Thank you, miss...."

"Tia, you can call me Ms.Tia... it's very nice to meet you." she gave blue a hug.

Jay was very happy and it was evident, Bey didn't want to face that reality. Tia was kind and polite to her daughter and her actions made her feel a bit guilty for how she treated her during the performance. She had to think of something quick to make the situation better.

She walked over to Tia and tapped her on the shoulder hoping that things wouldn't be awkward. "Hey umm... do you have a moment?" she questioned.

"yeah sure"

Jay watched as Tia and Bey walked out of the school together, he nervously continued to act as if nothing was happening while hoping they don't fight in the parking lot.

"Thank you for coming out here and agreeing to talk, I wanted to apologize because I definitely overreacted earlier you're actually pretty cool. I can tell Blue likes you." she said

"Really? I sure hope so... she'll love my nieces and nephews. And it's fine I get it ...you know I was married once too Bey."

"Really? what happened?"

"Unfortunately he passed away earlier this year." she said in a saddened tone.

Bey stood there taken aback by what she was just told. She allowed Tia to regroup her thoughts and emotions before taking a deep breath with her. "I'm sorry to hear that... I'm here for you." she finally got out before holding her hand.

"That means a lot coming from you, I listened to your music growing up... you are the inspiration to so many women. I absolutely admire you." Tia gushed

Bey smiled at her kind words and took a sip of her lemon water. "thank you honey"

The two chatted a bit longer before exchanging numbers and giving each other hugs. She was happy that they were able to come to some type of healthy agreeance on their roles in Jay's life. Although Bey was beyond jealous of the new connection he was getting from a new woman she knew it would be hell if the media got a hold of this. She figured that this would keep her and her children out of harm's way.