MOMENTO MORI

XVI

Brooklyn, New York 10/28/2021 (10:00 am)

-Tias Funeral-

The room was still the day of Tia's funeral

The room was still the day of Tia's funeral. Close friends and family attended as well as Colleagues from work.   The hearse arrived at the house and they load up any flowers or gifts people have brought to the house. Maria who seemingly was all out of tears to cry emotionlessly accepted the gifts.

"Mi amour, Te extraño mucho..." Maria said softly.

"what did she say?" Rumi asked.

Blue nudged Rumi and sternly whispered in her ear. "she's grieving... don't be rude. Also, she just said she misses her daughter very much."

"Why does she miss her... she's right there," Rumi whispered.

Sir giggled as Blue tried her best to ignore the curious and confused toddler that her sister was. She walked away leaving Rumi and Sir standing in the middle of the room.

      Minutes later a hearse and three limos arrived at the house. The family filed into the vehicles while the drivers loaded the hearse with numerous roses. Tia loved roses; they were red, she loved anything red.

"Tia would have loved this Eden rose..." Maria said

Shawn nodded sniffled and rubbed Tias mothers back. "we have to get going, Mrs.Lopez."

"Okay... and what about Beyoncé? is she attending?" Maria asked.

"As much as she wants to she can't, she's laying low right now. Tia worked with law enforcement, she could get arrested at the funeral. I tell you what I will explain everything in the car." He said as he continued to walk out of the house.

Truthfully Maria didn't want to leave Tia's home. It was all so well decorated just how she left it. The colors are so vibrant and bold just like she used to be. The homes plug in's were floral and sweet. Everything there reminded her of her daughter's personality.

"we're going be back after we read her will. Even if you want to spend the night here I'll see to it that it's possible... deal?" Shawn bargained.

Maria smiled faintly and gave Shawn a hug, "thank you so much, my dear."

_________________________

"I appreciate you all for coming," Maria said as people left the funeral. She gave hugs to women and men that were paying their respects. Seeing how many people loved Tia really helped lift her spirits up. She looked up and noticed her son was angrily stumbling his yet again drunk ass across the hallway towards Shawn.

"You murdered my sister!" John shouted as he fully charged towards Shawn.

"yo... bro chill I didn't kill anyone."