Chapter 6

*in study hall*

"HAHAHA! I CAN'T BELIEVE HE RAN AWAY!" Eren laughed out obnoxiously.

I picked up the notebook that I had been drawing on, and showed it to Eren. "Look. It's you."

It was a horse.

"HUH- That's Jean! Why are you insulting me, what did I do?!" Eren retorted, slamming his hands on the table and looking at me.

"All you had to do was be quiet."

*2 periods ago, at lunch*

"Tell me about this little crush, Arlert..."

Armin's cheeks flushed red and he started looking around, sweating. "W-Well, she's really nice and, um, I-I really like her!" He nervously giggled it off.

Eren got up from the floor and leaned towards me. "Hey, Y/N, don't you like Armin?! I mean, it's kind of obvious that he likes you too! I mean who wouldn't you're hot, and look at your bo-"

I pushed Eren back on the floor, and turned to Armin, with a big smile on my face. "Don't mind Eren! He's just a bit, you kn-"

"I-I don't like you! I mean, I do, but- Huh?- MIKASA? I'm going to class, bye Y/N!" He frantically sputtered out, grabbing his bag and running towards Mikasa who was talking to Annie next to the vending machine.

*present*

"I did you guys a favor! Now you guys can date, and I can get my fanbase back!" Eren exclaimed, dazing off into space, most likely thinking about his fanbase.

"It's not that easy, and you won't get your fanbase back. It's not like once Armin and I start dating, they'll all come back running to you..."

Eren turned to me and then went to a corner, sulking. "Why are you so mean to me, N/N?" He asked, turning his head and giving me the puppy dog eyes.

Outside the classroom, a group of girls was walking and talking. They were laughing until they reached our classroom.

"Oh my god, is that Eren?!"

"Jaegar, since when were you such a crybaby?!"

"Rig- Wait, the Instagram fan page of Armin just posted! Look, it's a picture of him biting his pencil in class!"

Eren quickly wiped his tears and got up to run to the door. "W-Wait, I'm not a crybaby, Y/N just made me cry! I swear, I'm not like this!"

By that time the girls had already walked away, leaving Eren at the door, with a few tears falling from his eyes.

I went up to him and patted him on the back. "Well, Eren, I would comfort you right now, but I have better things to do. I'm going to sit outside for the rest of study hall and then wait for Armin."

I started walking out the door but felt someone tug on my arm. I looked down and saw Eren wiping away his tears and standing up. "Let me come with you! Maybe if the girls see how much of a gentleman I am, then they'll come back!"

I sighed and kept on walking. "Yeah, sure..."

Eren and I both sat down on a little picnic table that was near the cafeteria. Since it was study hall, all we had to do was stay on campus.

I pulled out a manga, and Eren pulled out his math textbook. "Why are you pulling out math? Just go on your pho-"

"No, Y/N, you don't understand! Girls like smart people! Like Armin! He's a nerd, but now that he doesn't look like a girl, everyone is after him! All you need is to look good and be smart, and I have 1 of those things!"

"Armin didn't look like a girl and you have none of those." I simply stated, looking at him and then averting my gaze back to the manga.

"YES, I DO! I placed number 1 in the school's most attractive poll last week! And I'll win this week too! Look!" He pulled out his phone and went onto someone's Instagram.

'This week's most attractive person is... Armin Arlert! When you see him, congratulate him! Sorry, Eren, looks like you got someone else hotter than you!'

Eren dropped his phone and went to a corner to go sulk. I laughed a bit and went back to reading the book.

For the next hour or so, Eren and I did our own thing. Occasionally, every now and then he would go into the corner and start sulking because the number of his fan pages on Instagram dropped, due to them turning into Armin fan pages.

"Y/NNNN! I can't do this anymore! I need the validation of all of those girls! Come on, tell me I look hot today, and then touch my abs!" He basically threw himself onto me, trying to make him feel loved.

"Eren! You need to go get mental help! Get off of me, I'm smelling your fucking Axe, and it's suffocating!" I yelled out, trying to push him off.

The school bell rang and I finally got him off of me. We picked up my stuff and I went over to grab his messy bun, dragging him. "Come on, we're going to therapy right now, and nothing is going to stop m-"

"Y/N?...."

I stopped, turned my head around, and saw Armin with his hands together, looking at us. He walked up to me, and looked right into my eyes.

"Would you... Would you like to go on a date with me?!"

I let go of Eren's hair and nodded my head. "Yeah, just uh- Give me an hou-"

"I'll pick you up! Just send me your address!" Armin exclaimed. He got a bit nervous and waved, walking away quickly towards Mikasa.

I watched as he walked away, and sighed. "Eren that appointment is going to have to wait. I'll facetime you later." I said, walking away in a hurry.

Eren POV

I held my head and watched as Y/N basically ran away. "W-WAIT! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!"

By that time, Y/N was already out of sight. I sighed and got up, trying to fix my bun. A group of girls was walking by, and they waved at me.

I gave them a small wave back, but at that exact moment, my hair came undone, falling onto my face. The girls grimaced and turned their heads towards Armin.

I groaned and put the hair tie on my fingers, trying to tie it again. After a few failures, I gave up and started walking home. "Y/N wouldn't have walked away, she would've tied it for me... And then probably call me a dumbass, but that's not the point."

"She also would've walked home with me, if Armin hadn't asked her..."

I looked down at my phone and saw the lock screen of me and Y/N. It was a picture of me and her in study hall, I fell asleep on her lap and started drooling, so she took a picture on my phone.

"Armin, you're so lucky..."