t w e n t y e i g h t

The boy strode among the sea of students with his group of friends, laughing as they exchanged high-class jokes along the way

The boy strode among the sea of students with his group of friends, laughing as they exchanged high-class jokes along the way. He stopped his laughter when he heard his name being called, so he looked over to see her stand a mild distance away in front of him.

He saw her walk closer to him, his cocky self suddenly disappearing- which was weird. With anxiousness clearly seen across her face, the girl gathered the courage to speak.

"Donghyuck, may I have a word?" she muttered lowly, just enough for Donghyuck to hear. Puzzled, he cocked his head to the side. "What about?" he asked.

Saeron glanced at the guys behind him- who gave her the same weird look. "If you'll excuse me," she forced a smile before pulling the confused boy to a more quiet place so that they could speak in private.

Donghyuck stumbled on his feet as she dragged him across the hallway then they turned around the corner. Saeron stopped as soon as the area was secured then released her hand from Donghyuck's arms.

"What are you doing?" he tangled his arms on his chest and Saeron sighed- eyes still raking across the hallway, just in case if anyone appears. "I wanted to ask you something," she said and rubbed her palms together in nervousness.

Donghyuck raised his brow which she took as a cue to continue. "Look- I'm in no place to ask about these but... I need to know who your father is," she blurted out in a flash which caused the boy to scrunch his brows.

"I'm sorry?" he leaned forward, his ears now being a distance away from her face. Saeron pursed her lips to a thin line, somehow regretting this decision of hers. On the other hand, the boy had his hands in his pockets as he did so- surprised by the sudden 'unimportant' question she implored.

But she had to, right? She wanted to know. Bad.

"This is so weird but- may I know your dad's name?" she asked politely this time, yet stern enough to accentuate her intents. Donghyuck slowly straightened his body before gazing at her weirdly.

"And why is that?"
"Just tell me, Donghyuck."

Her quick demand shocked him. What's so important about his dad?

"Please..," Saeron trailed off with a hint of despair. At this point, she wasn't expecting that much from him, knowing his annoying side- she partly wished he'd say something to help her out.

Donghyuck's arms that were originally crossed on his chest- fell on his hips as he sighed. "Kang Sungjoon," he abruptly said which caught Saeron off guard when her head shot up to look at him. "What?" Saeron widened her eyes, obviously not anticipating an answer.

"You said you wanted to know his name?" Donghyuck reminded- causing the girl to snap out of her trance before instantly nodding her head. "O-oh yeah, um"

"You better not use his name for stupid intentions- I'm warning you," Donghyuck pointed his finger at her, emphasizing the words he just told and Saeron simply nodded once again.