Prologue

High school. It is an experience full of mischief, stress, fun, and love. I could still hear the school bells ringing, I could picture my friends running through the corridors, and I could still feel...his presence.

I let out a heavy sigh as I walk through the doors. 

"Amelia!!! Or should I say, Atty Garcia?" Tasha greeted while spreading her legs open.  I walked over to their booth and sat near Eloise. 

"Ugh, Tasha. We're almost hitting our thirties! Act like a proper lady!" Eloise complained.

"Ang init kasi sa baba El!! Try mo nga, parang may aircon nakatapat diyan sa pekpek mo." Tasha talked back. They gave each other a death stare.

Eloise, the eldest of our friend group in high school. Parang nanay na namin siya. Si Tasha naman yung second eldest, the one who always agrees with me at ako naman yung youngest. Yung pinaka maingay, makulit, and the leader of kagagohan.

"Welcome to the Batch 1995's reunion!", Ethan the former class president started. Siya yung nag organize ng high school reunion namin. Tutal siya naman nag-oorganize ng mga events dati. Kaya nga siya yung one and only president na mahal namin.

The reunion wasn't so bad kasi we rented the whole bar dahil kilala ni Pres yung may-ari. More and more people came. The look of happiness on their faces warms my heart. I subconsciously made a smile and I wouldn't realize it if it weren't for Eloise who's about to scold me.

"Hoy Ames. Behave ka nga! Sigeg ngisi!" inis na sabi ni Eloise sabay hapak. We just laughed it all off. I missed this comfort. The relief. Everything is nostalgic...

"Guys, I'll get some drinks first ha... I'm trying to sober up kasi" paalam ko sa kanila. I left the booth then headed to the counter where people order.

"Isang mango shake po" I said to the cashier. She nodded and handed my receipt. After that I headed straight to the other side of the counter to kuha my drink.

I was about to get my drink until some tall guy who wore glasses took it instead!

"How dare you take my drink?!! Did you pay for that ?? No!!" I childishly said. I took my drink out of his hands. I was expecting him to get mad at me or something but his reaction was different. He just laughed at me.

"Oh Ames, you never changed." He said while looking at me up and down. He still has that smile. The smile that gave me butterflies in high school...

____________________________________
Author's note:

Hi!! This is my first story and I apologize for any mistakes. Please don't hesitate to talk to me. I am okay with criticisms. I also apologize for the shortness of the story, I'm not a pro yet but I'll learn how to write better for you guys!!