From deserved hugs right into a vampire fight

Honestly, for the first time in a while, Kuro felt nervous. It wasn't like he was scared that Mahiru would be mad at him, but he had no idea what to expect.

After he closed the door behind him, the vampire looked at his partner, who was standing next to a table, staring out of the window. Without any words, Kuro walked over to him and gently grabbed him, and pulled him into a hug. Mahiru always did this for him, now was his turn to comfort him.

The shorter boy slowly wrapped his arm around Kuro's torso, hiding his face in the crook of his neck.
He was still mad. Of course, he would be, his father insulted Kuro! While it's true that being an Eve to a Servamp is really life-threatening, the situation was rather calm lately. They have no idea where Tsubaki is, but he's still active because Kuro and Mahiru fight his subclasses sometimes. He also had Kuro to protect him! Screw that, he could fight himself now!

Mahiru tried to control his rapid breathing, clutching the taller boy's shirt in his hands. He had to calm down. Kuro was right, he was going to regret this later.

"Kuro?" Mahiru whispered shakily, not wanting to ruin the silence.

"Yeah?" The vampire whispered back.

The brown-haired boy hid his head in Kuro's neck better.

"I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for? You did nothing wrong."

"I did!" Mahiru said as he looked up at his partner. "I got mad and I caused trouble."

"Mahiru," Kuro said as he unwrapped his hands from the other boy, just to rest them on his face.

"Listen to me okay? Getting angry is completely normal and no one is going to tell you that it's wrong. Honestly, I'm impressed you were able to hold your anger for so long." He smiled gently.

"So, don't think about it, alright?"

Mahiru smiled as he wrapped his arms around Kuro's neck. He pulled him closer. They closed the distance and their lips touched.
Mahiru loved Kuro's kisses. They were so gentle and careful, yet he felt the need and passion Kuro was trying to send through. Sometimes, the vampire's fangs even scraped against Mahiru's lips. The brown-haired boy pulled away and rested his forehead against Kuros.

They stayed like this for a minute, arms wrapped around each other, looking into each other's eyes, smiling gently, and enjoying the silence. Well, just until they heard the door shut.

"What was that?" Mahiru's head turned towards the door to the bedroom.

"It wasn't this door. Did he leave the apartment?" The vampire answered and slowly let go of his Eve. He took a step back and then made his way out of the room. Mahiru immediately followed him.

The man didn't go far. When Kuro looked out of the window, he saw him sitting next to the front door, smoking a cigarette.

"He's just outside sitting on the front porch," Kuro said and turned to his partner. "He's getting a smoke."

"Okay." The shorter boy sighed and rubbed his face. The vampire pried the hands off of his face and looked at him cautiously. Mahiru then rested his head on Kuro's shoulder and patted his hand softly.

"This is... just a little harder than I expected it to be, y'know? I'm really happy that he's here, but I'm tired of it already. It's just too much to take in so quickly." He whispered the last part.

"What a pain..."

Mahiru wanted to pull away, but then he felt Kuro gently guide him to the couch and seat him there. The taller boy immediately sat beside him, putting his head on the Eve's shoulder. He then picked up Mahiru's legs and put them over his own.