Quoting a song is weird, especially in a fight

The fight didn't go as planned.

Mahiru wiped the sweat off of his forehead. Why was this taking so long? Berkia was strong alright, but usually, he would already run away or someone else would arrive at the scene. The Eve wanted something like that to happen right now. He was tired, his body was aching and it was possible he had a concussion because he hit his head hard on the ground a few minutes ago. But even if he wasn't sure on his feet, he couldn't just take a break! His friends need him!
Kuro looked at his partner worriedly. They all were in a similar state, but Mahiru couldn't even walk straight right now. The vampire needed to get him out of here now, at least for a little bit.

"Mahiru, stand back!" He shouted as the shorter boy started walking forward again.

"I can't Kuro!" He gripped the spear tighter and rushed towards Berkia again. The taller one cursed and ran after him.

Berkia laughed manically. He jumped out of the way of the first attack, only to be hit from behind with Lily's scythe.
"It's not polite to jump at people from behind, you perverted butterfly!"

"Would you please stop calling me that?" Lily smiled and swung his scythe again.

Kuro grabbed the chain connecting him and Mahiru and harshly pulled it towards him, catching Mahiru in his arms.

"You need to stop jumping into dangerous stuff like this. It's not good for your health."

"I need to go help them. You know they--" Before he could finish his sentence, he staggered and he leaned his full weight on Kuro.

"See? You're in no shape to fight right now, so just sit down for a bit, okay?" The vampire pressed slightly on Mahiru's shoulders and the Eve sank to the ground.

"Stay here." And with that, Kuro turned around and ran to help the others.

Mahiru tried to stand up, but his legs weren't listening to him. He rested his head against the cold concrete wall and closed his eyes. He was so tired. But, if he had a concussion, shouldn't he stay awake? The brown-haired boy slapped his cheeks. That's right. He needs to stay awake. For everyone.

Finding some hidden energy, Mahiru tried to stand up again, being successful this time. He brushed some of his hair out of his face and used his spear as a walking support. And with that, he started making his way back to the fight.

Only if he knew he wasn't the only one making his way there.

A tall, brown-haired man, Mahiru's father, was standing in front of the building, trying to hear everything that was inside. Suddenly, he heard a yell.

"Sendagaya!" It sounded like a voice of a middle-schooler. Without thinking, he ran into the building.

The first thing he noticed was that it was really dark. He could barely see where he was going. He tried to navigate his way to the end of the storage room. The wall there was falling down and he could see some light there. Maybe a ceiling dropped. The man crouched beside the wall and looked through a hole. He didn't know what he was expecting, but it definitely wasn't this.
He saw five bruised-up boys fighting. A 5-year old that looked like he came straight from a costume party, a blond pretty boy with a scythe and almost no clothing, and a fragile-looking middle-schooler helping a tall high-schooler, who was leaning on a big black coffin. There was also a fancy-looking chair just sitting there. From what he could see, he would guess they were fighting the fifth man, magician-looking person with crazy smile.
This one was definitely a vampire. And the pretty boy was most likely a vampire too, guessing from how his wound healed quickly. And the little kid was a vampire too? Maybe...? Talking about vampires, where was the one who Mahiru has contract with? And where is Mahiru himself? He and his pet cat should be here.

"Sleepy Ash, how is Mahiru? Where did you hide him?" The blond vampire asked, as id reading the man's thoughts.

"As if I could hide him with this thing." Kuro stepped out of the shadows, tugging at the chain around his neck, "I just let him rest, he needs it."

Then they turned back at the pink-haired vampire, their weapons in hands.

"The only time I ever see her is when she's behind me in the mirror..? That's how the song goes right?" And after that sentence he appeared behind them, stabbing Kuro right in the chest, and then attacking the Eves. The vampires jumped in to protect them and the Eves tried to dodge. But when the sword didn't hit who it was supposed to, everyone could only stare in silence.

The only thing they could hear was a blood-curling scream.

"MAHIRU!" At that exact moment, Berkia was thrown aside and the presence around Kuro changed. Instead of a usually laid-back and lazy person, the angry monster stood there. His claws hit the ground and he dragged them behind him as he made his way to the pink-haired vampire.

The vampire who was on the ground smiled shakily as he tried to scoot away from the... monster in front of him. Then he quickly got up onto his feet and started running away. Slow steps followed him. Left. Right. Left. Right.

For the first time in a while, Berkia felt fear. A genuine fear he thought he wasn't to feel anymore. He needed to get away. Quickly. Dodging the boxes and parts of concrete walls, he ran. And disappeared in the darkness. Yet Kuro was still following him.

"Sleepy Ash!" At the mention of his name, he slightly turned his way to the people he left behind, still following Berkia.

"Your Eve needs you right now, Sleepy Ash. And I know he's more important than the magician." It was Hugh who said it. The Servamp of Sloth stopped in his tracks. Old Child was right. Right now, Mahiru needed him. The dark presence around him slowly started to fade away as he tried to calm himself down. He turned around and looked at Mahiru, who was half-sitting, half-lying on the ground, his torso supported by Tetsu.

The feeling Kuro felt now instead of anger, was guilt. It was his fault Mahiru got stabbed. He could've prevented it. He should've known that Mahiru wouldn't stay where Kuro told him to. He took a deep breath.

The only thing he can do right now is help Mahiru. That's the most important thing.

He walked over to him and knelt by his side. Tetsu looked at him and his muscles tightened.

"How is he?"

"It doesn't seem like the sword hit anything vital, but we need to get him to a hospital."

"How are we supposed to do that?" Kuro ran his hand through his hair and tugged at them harshly, trying to steady himself.

Then they heard shifting of the concrete behind them. They all turned their heads their way, only to see a man, only two of them could recognize.

"You?" Kuro asked surprised.

"Mahiru..." The man whispered as he shakily made his way over to the group.

"Who is he?" Misono asked and stood up from his chair.

"He's Mahiru's father. Why are you even here? We only told you that something happened."

The man completely ignored his words, kneeling beside Mahiru who was still somehow awake.

"Father?" He whispered tiredly. Then his gaze stopped on Kuro, who was looking at the ground. He reached out and wrapped his hand around his.

"You got badly injured too Kuro. Do you need some blood?"

"Mahiru, think about yourself. I will be okay, I can't even die."

"Okay." The man whispered shakily to himself, "So, hospital. There is one close by right?"

"Yes." Lily answered and stood next to Misono.

"I will take him there, you guys cant show up in a hospital looking like this."

Kuro knew he was right, yet it still made him mad. He opened his mouth to protest but was stopped by Lily agreeing. The rest happened in a blur. He wasn't almost registering how he got out of the warehouse, how Mahiru's father left with his injured boyfriend, how he got home, and how he was a few hours later in front of a hospital, or how he stepped inside of a room with Mahiru's name on it.