Chapter 3

07/08/20

Dear Atsumu,

I awoke today because of a buzzing sensation in my head. I thought I would finally gain my memories, but it turned out to be just another headache. I've been getting a lot of headaches these days. They're almost unbearable but when I open my eyes and see you sleeping on the couch, your mouth open, leaving soft snores, the pain fades into the background and I find myself smiling. You're so strong, Atsumu. I admire you for that.

Yesterday, your twin and your mother visited while you were at work. Osamu looked very much like you, but the hair was a give-away. He was quieter than you, though, and he prepared food for me to eat while your Mom told me how I loved his cooking before the accident happened. Ah, which reminds me, have I ever told you how endearing words sound like in your accent when you speak?

"You always loved the dishes Osamu cooked, but Atsumu's cooking won your tastes." Your mother gushed- which gave me a second reminder that I should ask for a home-cooked meal from you.

Osamu laughed at this and decided to comment on it. "Kiyoomi is the only person I know who preferred that brat's cooking. Maybe because Atsumu blackmailed him then." Then they laughed and I laughed with them.

Well, I won't deny that Osamu's dishes tasted really good, but my bet is all on you, Atsumu. Go ahead and show them you cook better!

Anyway, you came back later than usual last night and you looked very exhausted. I felt sorry that you had to sleep on the couch so I told you it was okay if you slept at home. Home. I just realized how lovely the thought of it is. Could it be because I picture the warm ambience and the cozy feeling from our pictures on your phone that you showed me days ago?

"Anywhere is better as long as you're around." I remember how you said these words. I remember the gentle smile on your face. I also remember opening my arms, though slowly and uneasily because they're still a bit numb, and how your eyes brimmed with tears as you walked towards me and enveloped me in a warm embrace.

At that moment, I thought, hugs can be some sort of home, too.

Always,

Omi