Chapter 6: Bothers

. . . Marinette POV . . .

It was a bright and late Sunday morning. I let out a groan remembering that I have to announce to Paris, that Hawkmoth has been defeated. I change back into my workout clothes and put my hair in a ponytail. Walking into the kitchen I greeted Damian while grabbing an apple for breakfast. I wasn't very hungry. I finished munching on my apple while telling Damian what I thought we could do for the day. He wished me luck as I got up to through away the core of the apple. "Tikki Spots On," I say to transform, for hopefully the last time. I unwrap my yo-yo from around my waist and call Nadia. I tell her to get ready as I'm coming in with news. I take a deep breath and throw my yo-yo to swing to the News Station.

The city of love passes by in a blur as I swing through, my body taking me there on auto pilot. landing In front of the building, I ignore everyone as I walk to the studio room Nadia normally uses. I mentally roll my eyes at the people asking for autographs. "Ready to air?" I ask as soon as I enter. "Of course Ladybug, anything you need." She responds happily. I don't bother sitting down. I stand patiently for the minute it takes them to finish being ready. "On air in 3. 2. 1." someone says before Nadia starts "Don't be bemused it's just the news, today joining us live is Ladybug." Then the camera shifts to me. "I have called for this message to be broadcasted, Hawkmoth has been defeated with the help of my boyfriend and his family. I won't reveal them, but they deserve to at least be mentioned. That is all I have to say." I spoke with confidence. Then I shut out the world as I walked out and went back to my boyfriend.

Back at home, he held me close as I took in that it was finally over. Then we went back to the roof for more training.

. . . MONDAY .  . .

           I woke up curled against Damian's side with his arm around me. "Good morning Jamila." His voice gave me butterflies. It was six in the morning giving us just enough time to get ready and stop somewhere for breakfast and that is exactly what we did.

. . .

          Adrien was in the classroom when we got there. Which is weird, normally he is with Lila, out on the steps to get into the school. He looks at me and says "Can I talk to you?" I glared at him, and he shrunk back. I growled out "Speak then, we are the only three in this room." He looked mad but must have put a second thought into asking to speak with me alone. So he decided to just start "So Hawkmoth was defeated by Ladybug, so I'll help you expose Lila if you go on a date with me." Damian growled and I glared and snarled out "No." he walked out of the classroom looking pissed.

   "Not gonna lie watching him storm off was rather satisfying." I told my demon. He looked at me amused "I'm sure it was Angel." We started sketching like we normally would. Sure enough, the class slowly entered the classroom following Lie-la. I smirked today would be fun. The bell rang and Miss B entered. I knew Tim was getting the footage from all of my classes and sorting through it.

      "Guess what class, I got an Email! We will be going to Gotham for the middle of the year trip in seven weeks. All information I have so far is on these papers for parents to sign, I'll talk some more about it when I get more information. With that being said let's start on today's lesson." Miss B announced to the class. I then stood tall and proud. Shoulders back like Damian taught me to do, before speaking "Miss B, I'm resigning as class president!" her shocked face made mine grow even smugger. She replied recovering from her shock and turning red "You can't do that Marinette!"

      My smugness was growing still, I replied with all my sass "And, why not?" I could practically see the smoke coming out of her ears "I'll talk to you after class!" she said through ground teeth. Alya then piped up "I don't see why she has the title of class president when Lila does all the work." There were mumbles of agreement throughout the class.

     I jumped back up and smiled down at Alya from the back of the classroom "Thank you Alya. Good point, Miss B Lila can stay after class instead and you can tell her about her new responsibilities as class president; all the paperwork you had me do, the planning of any events, and let's not forget managing the budgets and fundraisers." I practically sang out. Lila and Miss B paled. "Marinette I still want to see you after class." Miss B stated. I countered "You heard the class. I'm no longer class president. You don't have a reason to see me after class." I then proceeded to sit back down and curl into my Demon's side.

       Rose squeaked out next "Marinette is such a bully Miss B. Lila would be happy to become class president. Since she already does all that stuff." There was a chorus of yeahs that rang throughout the class. Adrien growled out next "Miss B can you please just start the lesson."

. . .

        Once class let out we went straight to the court house to get the papers signed and my name legally changed to Stone. See this is where things get awkward, "So Dick will be back on Friday. Which leaves you two alone in an apartment together?" Jagged questioned. I responded and tried to avoid what was coming next "Yep, and then next weekend we will be in Gotham. What is Gotham like I have never been?" Jagged almost fell for it "Well it is my home town Nettie it is-  Hey you just changed the topic!" I glanced around the restaurant while sipping my water. Not suspicious at all. Jagged started again "So Nettie, where have you been sleeping in this apartment?" I feel my cheeks turning red, that was all the answer he needed. So he turned to Damian who was now sipping his water and looking anywhere but at me and Jagged. Jagged laughed and said, "So two teenagers, sharing a room and one of them legally my daughter." I don't know what Damian did because my red face was in my hands. When I peeked through my fingers Damian was trying to control his blushing with his signature scowl and Jagged in all his glory just looked as smug as can be.

         Seeing as I was starting to uncover my face Jagged starts up again "I hope you two were using protection." Damian started choking on his spit and I squeaked before replying "I swear to kwamii, Uncle Jagged all we did was sleep." Thank the Kwamii, our table was secluded in the back corner. That was our supper. Where was Penny you might ask? Well, she was bringing Fang to the vet and wasn't there.

  "Now as your legal guardian, I'm supposed to say hell to the no, but since I know the Wayne's. I guess it's okay. I'm debating it still. Don't get too comfortable. One wrong move Wayne and I'll have her in a different building." Jagged stated in all his fashion. Damian responded, "I promise to look after her sir, but please don't refer to me as Wayne, that would be my father." Jagged responded with sass "And I suppose Ice Prince of Gotham is better?" "If that's what you prefer" Damian stated.

       The waiter returned, thankfully, with the check which left Jagged and Damian to fight over it. I grabbed it and left to pay for it, without them noticing. Upon returning I said, "Ready to go?" They looked at me and said at the same time "Not until I pay." Then proceeded to glare at each other. I cleared my throat and said, "Already done." They then turned to glare at me. Which was pointless. I laughed in their faces. Catching them off guard, and said "Better luck next time." We walked out of the restaurant and finally parted ways after walking a few blocks with Jagged yelling "PROTECTION!" Before he turned the corner.

. . .

       The week passed in a blur of attending Hell, along with hanging out with Jagged and Damian. There were a few times they had me go shopping with Penny, so they could talk which I found extremely suspicious. But just shook it off as something they were planning. Dick returned that Friday and I kicked his but while playing UMS 3. The next week was the same except with more behind-my-back planning with Dick included this time. While one of them distracted me. I just knew it was gonna be an awesome surprise whatever it is if they are putting this much planning into it.

. . .

15 weeks in a semester
3 weeks were spent getting to know each other
4th week was leading up to the fair
5th week was the fair
6th week getting even closer with Dami and messaging Jon
In the 7th week, she got kicked out
8th week was what I just wrote about
9th week was briefly mentioned

.
.
.

1653 words

.
.
.
.
.