Chapter 8: Suspicions

. . . Marinette POV . . .

"Can you sing at the winter Gala, my father is hosting?" Damian asks me. This just gets curiouser and curiouser. I respond with, "Of course." Whatever his family is planning, with my uncle Jagged it is going to be big and it is going down at Wayne's winter Gala the one my classes field trip ends at. Snapping my thoughts away from trying to figure out what they are planning. I reabsorb my surroundings. School. I continue looking around as I sip my energy drink, purposefully ignoring the look Damian is giving me. It's his reminder that I only get one a day because he cares about my health. On that note, not being class president is awesome! My mental health has been amazing. I just watched everyone ask Lila about the school dance next week. Let me tell you it was great. She was lying through her teeth and didn't have a clue about what to do. She doesn't have anything booked or fundraisers going to pay for it. She just keeps lying about how great it is going to be.

"Hey Angel, will you go to the dance with me?" My Demon asks me. I smiled and let out a hum as if I have to think about it. "I suppose we can stop there, before our dinner next to the river," I state a smile tugging at my lips. He looked so confused "What dinner by the river, Angel?" I succeed in not laughing at his confusion. "The dinner. I'm planning to ask you out too, by the river. The spot where you asked me out." He looked relieved before glaring at me. I just giggled. Miss B then claps her hands reining us back in for another lesson. Lila interrupts as usual. This is going to be a long day.

. . .

Dick was waiting for us outside of the school. When he saw us he did a flip, literally. He did a front flip in front of my school. Just to mess with the class. It was also a challenge since he was teaching me acrobatics. I smirked handed Damian my bag and did a back flip. He gasped faking shock and did a round-off ending in another front flip. I looked him dead in the eyes "I ain't beating that in jeans." I deadpanned. He smirked and said "Coward." Damian just shook his head at our childishness. Dick picked us up from school because he wanted pizza for supper.

. . .

The weeks leading up to the dance flashed by with me learning from the bats, surviving Hell, and doing commissions. I'm now an acrobat and great at fighting thanks to Damian and Dick. Sadly since I haven't seen Tim in person I haven't learned to hack. I made my dress and a matching shirt and pants for Damian just for the dance. We are gonna watch it fail in style then go on our date. I can't wait.

I put my dress on. It was a mix between bluebell and emerald. The skirt was an uneven bottom the fabric going to my knees and some a little further down. The top had sleeves to my elbows and was blue. Damien's shirt was emerald with a blue vest with green accents.

(It is terrible it is horrible but I tried for you guys okay I don't know if y'all like pics or descriptions better so I'm giving both)

We walked to the school making jokes along the way about how bad it was going to be. Entering the courtyard for the party, definitely lived up to our expectations. Lila and her club of sheep were inside, but that was it. No one else was there. They had no one to cater and upon seeing the place anyone would leave. There was one table with a plastic table cloth and a few streamers. That was it. There was nothing else the lights were fully on, no music playing just Lila encircled by her sheep telling lies.

I tugged on Damian's arm. I wanted to get out of here before they spot us. Too late. "Marinette how could you ruin Lila's party!" Someone said. I groaned not having the energy to deal with this. Alya was storming at me, with an open water bottle no doubt in my mind that it was to dump it on me. Damian grabbed her wrist as it was about to go all over me. Nino yelled from the crowd of sheep "Dude let go of my girl!" Damian growled out "Then keep her away from mine." Then he shoved Alya's wrist back at her causing her to stumble and fall. I grabbed Damian's hand and we left.

We walked is a comfortable silence till we reached the spot by the river where he kissed me then asked me out. Before we got ready I hid a picnic basket under the bench that was near the stairs. We ate and talked. You would think we would have run out of things to say by now but miraculously we haven't. "It's a shame we didn't get to dance. We would have looked so good in our matching outfits." I state.

Damian stands up and offers me his hand. He smirked at my confused face before speaking "We are going to dance Angel. You are not missing out because of the class you have to deal with." I laughed and we danced to the sounds of Paris. I looked up at him and said "This is a bit cliche." He smiled and spoke "Not for my Angel. She deserves the world, and that's what makes her happy. I'm willing to be a little cliche, just not on purpose." I snorted. At this point, we were both laughing.
. . .
We eventually did return home.
. . .
This is our last week in Paris before we leave for our two-week trip to Gotham with my class. Well, it ain't a trip for me as I'm moving into the Wayne manor. I can't wait to get out of this place. Not that I mind it, but I just want to be away from the class. Oh, Kwamii I ramble to myself.

. . . Monday . . .

Jason joined our class for our last week in Paris. He entered our class, smiled, and started speaking "Hello! I'm in charge of your security for your stay in Gotham and was told it would help if I got acquainted with all of you to make you feel safer." That is how we ended up with Damian chasing Todd around the apartment with a fork. I hid the Katanas.

. . . Tuesday . . .

Jason had to teach the class some English. He would get a few sentences in and Lila would start "Did you know I'm related to the person who created this language."

. . . Wednesday . . .

"Alright French Fries, this is how American currency works" Jason started. "Did you know my great uncle is the richest in America." Lila interrupted.

. . . Thursday . . .

"Gotham is the most crime ridden city in the world upon encountering a criminal, What do you do?" Jason still had to attempt to educate my class, but you could tell he was so done. "Oh I'm best friends with Ladybug. She tought me how to defend myself." Lila struck again

. . . Friday . . .

Going through airport security is so much fun right. Add a Lila and it makes it heaven. I hope you can hear the sarcasm. Jason, Dick, Damian, and I are flying in a private jet. "Miss B where is Marinette going?" Jason cleared the matter up and we left them in the dust. I think we all were 100% done. We still have two weeks left with them. At least it will be with a change of scenery right.

.
.
.

1347 words

.
.
.
.
.