𝟬𝟬: 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲.

✍︎︎✍︎︎✍︎︎✍︎︎✍︎︎✍︎︎✍︎︎✍︎︎✍︎︎✍︎︎

Bloody hypocrite.

That's what he was. How he wasn't able to prioritize sickened me. How he wasn't able to differentiate right from wrong irked me. The victorious smile she had on her face when he picked her side again sent a bile up my throat. He returned to the house at 10pm and the next thing he thought right to do was to start causing everyone unnecessary fear.

I honestly was at the verge of snapping and I decided I should leave the house before I could do something irrational. I turned and made to leave the dining room when a hand grabbed my wrist tightly, I knew very well who it was. It was my elder sister Oluwabukola Caroline Wellington.

"Cashiel," she called out in a low whisper. "Put mum into consideration." She said and glanced at my mum who stood at the other end of the dining room.

Bullshit.

I will not keep silent anymore, I kept 'considering' mum all the goddamn time and I'm tired, I'm tired of watching him get away with this all the time!

Forcing my hand out of Caroline's grip, I headed out of the room to the living room and the gasp that followed my exit had me satisfied. I wasn't a fucking toy that could be tossed around, I most definitely have the right to speak up for myself and for the ones I love and that was what I was going to do.

As I got to the living room, an angry voice called out my name. Perfect, just perfect.

"Irewole!" He called out and I purposely kept making short and slow strides towards the door. "How dare you walk out on me? Do you even realize that I am your father?" And that had me stopping right in my tracks and turning to face him.

"Sadly," I started fixing my gaze on his, my eyes not wavering, something I had never done. "Sadly, you're my father." He narrowed his eyes at me and I took that as a cue to go on.

"You had always been my role model as a child, but now, I don't even wish for my enemy to become like you." I saw that familiar glint in his eyes and I knew that I only had to say a little more before he'd go all beastly on me.

"Your inability to prioritize disgusts me, how you can't stand for your family in the face of that old witch and how you let her control you like a fucking dunce."

The anger in his face was very visible and I knew it would only take a little nudge for him to go all beastly like the beast he was.

"You keep pushing your daughter to get married and when she brought someone home, you did not accept him. Why? Because he did not have a PhD degree and now there she is at twenty nine without any suitors because of your stupid rules." I was angered, how he ruined my sister's life because of his stupid set of rules which were of course initiated by that malicious witch he called his mother.

How he wasn't able to tell that the woman wanted nothing more than to ruin his life was still a mystery to me. His siblings realized that and kept their families at a safe distance from her but my father, no, he even made sure she moved into our house.

"You know, you're a beast," I knew my father's silence had nothing to do with remorse, he was silent because he was almost loosing his shit and he was going to snap very very soon. "And I hope you rot in hell with that malicious witch you call a mother."

That was the last thing I said before I started seeing stars. My father slapped me, the fucking beast hit me. My face stung real bad and I managed to open my eyes only seconds later. With how my face hurt, I knew his hand prints was on my face. That sound had attracted the rest of the family. My mum, elder sister Caroline, younger sister Ruby and of course the witch who had a victorious smile on her lips as her eyes lit up in delight.

Home wrecker!

"How dare you speak to me in that manner?! I remain in charge of you as far as you're living under my roof."

"Then maybe I shouldn't live under your roof anymore." I spoke up and I could immediately feel the tension in the air. My mother and sisters looked at me with pleading eyes but I had to ignore them, if things were going to get better around here, someone had to speak up and that someone is me.

My father still hadn't said a word, he only watched me. "Slapping me does not change anything, it most definitely does not change the fact that I'm right about you." I said and grabbed the car keys from the table.

"I'm leaving." I said and jingled the keys so he could see them clearly.

"You will not be going anywhere with my car."

"Oh watch me Pops." I said and walked out the door. I knew my mum was going to be at the receiving end of my actions but I had to do this, to get us all freed from the slavery we were in. Forever.

The loud sound of skin meeting skin reached my ears and I recoiled in anger.

No Cashiel, you can't ruin things now.

I walked over to the 2021 Range Rover and hopped in turning on the ignition. With one look back at the house, I sped off, out the gate and out of the vicinity. Even with the fact that I was so many meters away from home, everything still reeked off dad, of his insanely masculine cologne. I was in his car anyway.

With my debit card and driver's license, I knew I was ready for this. I made a U-turn and to the mainland part of town contrary to my earlier plans to crash at my friend's place, I shouldn't disturb Zayden or any of the guys and definitely not at this hour.

Calm down by Rema played on the stereo as I headed towards the third mainland bridge. I was proud of myself, I had finally given up the daddy's good boy act and faced the truth the hardest way possible.

The harsh sound of drifting tyre meeting the tarred road distracted me from my distant thoughts and the great song playing from the stereo. Looking up towards the road, the sound of blaring horn and very bright light shook me to bits and at that moment, the car I was driving collided with the larger vehicle in front of me.

My loud scream was the last thing I heard before I went unconscious.

BREAKING NEWS

Millionaire, basketball player and son of a multi-billionaire, Cashiel Irewole Wellington involved in a ghastly accident on the third mainland bridge at about 11pm yesterday night.

That's the sad story of my life, how I became the most vulnerable person I had met, how I lost what I didn't know was most precious to me, my goal, my drive, my personality and most of all, my voice.

31st of July, 2020.

The day my life got ruined.

☜︎☜︎☜︎☜︎☜︎☜︎☜︎☜︎

I officially welcome y'all to BEYOND THE REEF. I hope you enjoyed the prologue. If you did, kindly leave a comment, vote and share with your friends.

If you haven't read the first two books in the Onyx Voyage series, I strongly suggest you do so when you have the time.

See you in Chapter one ❤️