𝟬𝟮: 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗟𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴.

Important announcement!

I want to call your attention to something. Unlike the other books in the Onyx Voyage Series, Beyond the Reef will be narrated in numerous POVs. This means every character is important, everyone of them is a major character.

Some POVs would appear more often than others but that doesn't change the fact that they are all major characters. Thanks for your time.

Alright let's see what Chapter two has for us!

ADESUA

The silence that followed my entrance was deafening. Yes, I said that.

I took a while to scan the classroom with my eyes. If I was to give a rough estimate of the students that took classes in the classroom, one would say about forty five because though not all students were in class, the amount of desk and chairs did justice to my guess.

Although my former school was also a private school, it couldn't match up to the standard of EHS in any aspect. The classroom I stood in was painted a serene shade of white and permit me to add that it was spotless, without any stain. It was also very spacious and had two air conditioners and four ceiling fans. As if that was not enough, it had four medium sized windows. The furniture reeked of elegance and the students gave off millionaire vibes. Suddenly, I became extremely shy.

"Come on over here." Mimi called to me to take a seat beside her as she made her way to the pair of desk and chair in the third row, second column with a few people greeting her and others having their eyes fixed on me. She must have noticed how reluctant I was to move further into the classroom. Finally letting out my breath that I didn't even know I had held in, I stepped into the classroom and took a seat beside her.

I was low key mad at her for making my entrance dramatic because it called so much attention and I wasn't a fan of that but Omoh's words echoed distantly but clearly in my head.

EHS is a social school, you have to be social.

I guess this is how it starts then. "What do you think about our classroom?" Mimi asked whispering to me in excitement. My gaze dropped to the front of the class and my mouth hung open. I thought I had seen it all.

A freaking smart board was neatly hung on the wall.

I had only seen the digital white board in Nickelodeon series and it was indeed fascinating. How better could the school get? Someone tell me!

"I think it's wonderful!" I responded in a whisper my excitement matching hers. She nodded in approval as her smile grew even wider.

"Why are we whispering?" She asked in yet another whisper.

"I'm not sure." I whispered back.

Mimi burst into laughter and I joined in, her laughter was indeed contagious. After our laughter died down, I noticed that the class was back to its rowdy atmosphere and I felt a bit of relief.

A loud hoot dragged my attention to the entrance of the classroom, I sighted a short light skinned boy without a blazer or cardigan standing there with his bag slung across his shoulders and his tie was tied loosely around his neck.

"That's Kayode Anifowose whom everyone calls Kay, the class jester." Mimi said leaning closer to me. "Well most people call him the vibe king but I think everything about him is ridiculous so I call him the jester. I mean, look at his dressing." She added as I gave him another once over. He indeed looked ridiculous.