Her human

Most people wouldn't think that a human and a vampire could have a normal marriage. But it was perfect for Alcina and You. Neither one of you ever believed in the "love at first sight" shit but looking back on your lives, you would be stupid to think you weren't destined for each other. People were terrified of her, they would take one look and their legs would go numb. But you, You saw nothing else but her when You met her the first time. Why she didn't kill you then and there, you will probably never know but what you do know is that the pull between you was like a magnet. You couldn't come unglued even if you wanted to. And you didn't. She was your anchor, and You were her sunlight.
    "Darling, you're spacing out again." Alcinas silky voice cut through your thoughts.
     You looked up from the fireplace where you had been stuck in a daze and offered her a small smile. "I'm sorry."
     Her eyebrow furrowed in concern for a moment before relaxing into a small sigh. She stood up from her vanity chair and began walking towards you. You smiled but nervously looked back to the fire. You were never nervous because of what she was, you never feared her. She never gave you a reason to. But even after all these years and being married to her, she still gave you butterflies. Something as simple as walking towards you with those beautiful, glowing gold eyes was enough to speed up your heart rate. And she knew. She could always hear it, no matter where in the castle you were.
     Her footsteps grew closer until they stopped behind you and two strong hands grasped your shoulders to announce her presence. She leaned down until her mouth was level with your ear, her hot breath tickled the skin on your neck.
     "You're rather tense dear." She lowly noted.
     "I suppose I am. I haven't been sleeping very well the past few nights." You let out a content sigh as Alcina begins massaging the muscles in your shoulders, kneading them like dough.
     "Im aware. After all, I have to keep fetching you when you wonder off in the middle of the night."
     "You don't have to you know."
    She merely hummed in response. A silent question about what you meant.
     "Chase after me every night I mean. You know I'm safe in the castle, you could just continue to sleep." You elaborate.
     "Sleep? Without my precious human beside me? Hardly." She chuckled, but her response was laced with seriousness. "Besides, it's unusual behavior of you and it worries me."
     "Perhaps you worry too much?" You lightly joked, but Alcina on the other hand didn't like it too much. The pressure of her hands left your shoulders as she walked around the chair to stand in front of you. You craned your neck to meet her eyes until she kneeled down. But even kneeling down, she was still about a head above you. Her golden eyes held nothing but concern as she cupped the side of your face with her hand.
     "What is troubling you." She finally asked.
     "Nothing." You lied, nervously laughing the question off. Her eyes grew harder.
     "Do not lie to me. You know I loath it when you do that." She growled. Never menacingly, but frustrated. You sighed and tried to avert your eyes from hers that were growing more intense.
     "Why does it matter Alcina? For all you know it could be just really stupid."
      Her hand that had been cupping your cheek moved to cusp the bottom of your jaw, forcing you to look back at her. She kept it there, maintaining just slight pressure as if she was silently daring you to turn away again.
      "It matters, because you're my wife. I don't care how trivial you think it is. It is clearly upsetting you and that's enough. So, If you would, speak."
      You hardened your gaze slightly and for a moment you just sat like that. Intensely staring at each other to see who would break first. But it was always a losing game because she never, ever loses. You finally let out a defeated groan and sunk further back into the chair. She let your jaw go, knowing that she won.
     "Do you remember the night that a few of the hunters broke past the gates?" You asked.
     "Yes."
     "When we trapped the last man together in the basement he said 'how could someone ever love a monster like you?' And I don't know, it just has bothered me every since."
     There was a long silence before Alcina chuckled.  "Why should that bother you dear? You shouldn't worry you're pretty little head about what others may say about me. It did not phase me therefore you shouldn't let it bother you."
      "He wasn't speaking to you." You corrected.
      "Don't be silly. Of course he was. I've never met someone from the village who did not believe I wasn't some form of monster."
      "Alcina." The desperation in your voice caught her attention and her smile wavered. "He said it to me. He was looking directly past you, like you weren't even there. He looked at me as if I had just killed his dog or something and said that. To me."
     Alcinas face contorted from confusion to disgust to anger.
     "Listen to me. You are no monster do you understand?"
     "That's not what bothered me." You stated matter of factly. Once she understood what was really bothering you about the statement, her facial features softened almost to a sadness. She took your hands in hers and held them tightly.
     "My love, don't you ever for a minute doubt my affection for you."
     "I don't. I guess it just made me wonder how someone as magnificent as you could fall in love with me. I mean I have nothing to offer you. I'm human. I'm fragile. You could have killed me the moment I stepped foot through your door but you didn't."
     "You may be human but you are not weak. I sensed that when I met you. You were not like any human I had ever met and that is why I kept you here. Everything about you is absolutely captivating and you offer me more than I could ever want. Please, I beg of you do not sell yourself short of my love. Not when I have so much of it to shower you in."
     You couldn't help the tears stinging your eyes but you refused to let them fall. You slipped your hands out from her hold and threw your arms around her neck. She stood up and placed her hands under your thighs to support you as you held tightly onto her, arms wrapped around her neck and legs around her torso.
     "I love you." You mumbled into her neck before leaving a small kiss on her soft skin.
     "I love you my little dove." She purred as she carried you with her back to her vanity chair.
     You remained like that for the rest of the evening. Alcina, holding you close to her and running her hand through your hair as you rested your head against her chest while she worked. Finally, for the first time in a long time, you slept.