Smokers paradise

"Darling, don't you think you've had enough?" Alcina furrowed her eyebrows, watching you through the mirror of her vanity.

You took one more long hit from the dab pen in your hand before tossing it somewhere on the bed. You sighed contently and flopped backwards into the covers.

" I have now." You chuckle uncontrollably.

"I will never understand you humans recreational substances." She rolled her eyes and continued removing her red lipstick.

"You could suck some of my blood and experience it. You did that when I got drunk once. And it was hilarious might I add."

"I didn't know you were drunk. You were practically throwing yourself at me like a dog in heat and I got caught up in the moment." She argued.

"Maybe but you were still sloshed afterwards." You laughed. She shot you a glare.

"I wasn't drunk." She grumbled. "I was tipsy." She added under her breath.

"Right. Because you normally giggle like a school girl and whine like a child when I stop playing with your hair when your sober."

"Is being high supposed to make you this infuriating?" She tossed her wash cloth aside and glared at you. The grin threatening to take over her features betrayed her amusement.

"I'm always this infuriating." You smirk.

"That my dear, is correct." She playfully tapped your nose and slid into bed next to you.

Her arm protectively wrapped around your waist and pulled you close as always. She nuzzled her nose into your hair, breathing your scent in deeply. She pulled back with confusion. Usually you melted into her embrace but now, you lay there like stone.

"I feel like I'm cuddling a statue." She playfully pouted down at you. You only looked back up at her, your eyes going wide.

"The munchies are kicking in." You said in a low voice.

"The what?" She scoffed.

You didn't care to elaborate in the moment. You threw the covers off your body and swung your legs over the side of the bed. She sat up in bed as you walked around and headed for the bedroom door.

"Where in the hell are you going?" She asked, very confused.

"The kitchen. I'll be back. Don't wait up." You smile at her and close the door before she can say anything more.

You padded down the hallway, laughing like an idiot when you replayed Alcina's facial expression your mind. You held onto the guard rail of the steps as your vision grew more warped. Once in the kitchen, you opened the cupboards until you found all the snacks you wanted. You hoisted yourself up onto the counter and opened a bag of chips to start with. It seemed like you grew hungrier with every bite until you were practically inhaling them.

A sound from the hallway nearby brought you out of your food trance as you stopped mid chew to make eye contact with a very confused Cassandra who froze when you saw her. Small movement on the floor behind her caught your attention and you shifted your gaze to a very bloodied man being dragged by his shirt collar. You look back to Cassandra who looks like a child that had just been caught stealing cookies by her mother. You slowly began chewing your chips again, a silent confirmation that you just weren't going to ask what she was doing. She took the cue and slowly began walking away, not breaking her confused eye contact with you until she had disappeared.

Once you had finished your chips you opened a pack of cookies, practically moaning when you put the first one in your mouth. A blur from the corner of your eye caught your attention once again. This time it was Bela, running past you with a knife. She didn't seem to notice you but just before she reached the other side of the kitchen she came to a halt. She walked backwards until she was standing in front of you. She studied you and raised an eyebrow.

"Has your mother taught you nothing?" You scolded before she could say something to judge your current state.

She suddenly looked very nervous and looked at the knife in her hand that she had been running with.

"About that, I was just-" she started but you cut her off with a hand held up.

You reached across the counter and grabbed another knife from its holder and held it out to her free hand.

"You never run with just one knife." You said matter of factly before biting into the cookie again.

Bela only mouthed a very concerned "okay" before briskly walking away.

Now that the last two distractions were taken care of, you opened the fridge and pulled out some fruit. You took a rather large bite of an apple and rolled your eyes when laughter erupted behind you.

"What now?" You groan as you turn to see Daniela holding the man Cassandra had earlier. Only now he was, well, very much dead. Blood dripped behind her as she dragged him through the kitchen. She jumped when she finally noticed you.

"Shit!" She dropped the body and went rigid.

A few moments of silence passed between the both of you until she finally cleared her throat nervously.

"Please don't tell mother." She finally said. Her two sisters appeared next to her, realizing that they were all probably in deep trouble when their mother found out that they got caught hunting when they were supposed to be asleep.

You put the fruit down and wiped the juice off the corner of your mouth, trying to regain some dignity to chastise your step daughters. Who were you kidding though, you just couldn't give a shit right now.

Slowly, Cassandra approached you and handed you a wallet that had been in the mans pocket. You eyed it and raised an eyebrow.

"You're going to bribe me?" You asked in disbelief but took the wallet anyway just to see what was inside. You pulled out a couple hundred dollars and looked back up at the girls that were nervously watching. You sighed and put the money in your pocket.

"Make sure you clean the blood up, you know your mother cannot stand a filthy house." Is all you say as you walk away, a couple hundred dollars richer and stomach now full.

The girls once again begin laughing as they run off to mother Miranda knows where with the dead body. You make your way back up slowly to your bedroom, sleep now threatening to take over your body.

You open the door and close it silently, trying your best to be quiet so that you wouldn't wake Alcina. You hopped back up into the bed, smiling when you glance at Alcinas sleeping form. Her chest rises and falls slowly as she breathes. The moonlight peaking through the curtain casts a small glow on her face. You could never find anything more beautiful in the world, no matter how far you searched. With a smile, you lean over and place a gentle kiss on her jaw before turning on your side, your back turned to her. You yawn and finally close your eyes when they grew too heavy to keep open anymore. Just before you fall asleep, a strong arm drapes over your side. Alcina pulls you close against her until your back is pressing against her chest. She rests her chin on the the top of your head and let's out a heavy breath.

"I told you not to wait up for me." You chuckle quietly, the sleepiness heavy in your voice.

"I can't sleep when you're not here my love." She kisses the top of your head as you intertwine your fingers with hers, finally allowing both of you some rest.