(HP) - Harry Potter

Shades of pink lines traced all along Y/N's arms and their back. There were some that stayed for a long time but most of them had faded away partially. They were etched on their skin. As time went on after the battle of Hogwarts, Y/N became more and more insecure about them.

And here Y/N stood, in front of a long body mirror, looking at the scars again. It was the second time this week.

Harry was aware that these scars made Y/N more insecure about their body. But Harry was out running errands.

It was still unbelievable. Just a few things scraped their body and now it's all scars.

"They're battle scars love. It shows that you've fought your hardest and you've done your best," Harry told them the first time he saw Y/N looking at themselves.

"I know he told me those words but I still don't like them.." Y/N mumbled to themselves. "I know they're battle scars- I mean they are literally battle scars but merlin's beard, I can never get used to how they look." 

Y/N shifted their position again. But they were startled and scrambled to pull their shirt back on when they heard keys jingle in the apartment.

"Darling? I'm home and I've brought dinner!" Harry's smile instantly turned into a frown. Harry noticed how Y/N wasn't waiting in their usual spot. He went to their bedroom and saw Y/N reading, or at least they were pretending to read. 

"Love, what's wrong?" he said as he sat at the edge of the bed.

"What do you mean? I've been reading this whole time," Y/N murmured as they continued to act like they were reading the pages.

"No, darling, you haven't been reading this whole time. You didn't greet me when I came back."

Y/N scoffed. "Just because I didn't greet you doesn't mean something is wrong Harry."

"I know, I know, but something happened while I was gone and I know that bit. So tell me what's wrong. Please?"

Harry had an idea of what could have happened while he was out. 

"I think you know what happened Harry. But I will not confirm or deny anything," Y/N said as they closed the book and walked towards the kitchen.

Harry only sighed and nodded his head. "Alright then. If you don't want to talk about it, we won't."

"I'm starving. What did you get for dinner this time?" Y/N said, quickly changing topics. 

Harry laughed and was relieved that they didn't seem to be upset in any way. "Just pasta for tonight. I didn't get anything too special," Harry said as he approached the kitchen.

"Ooo yay for pasta. Thanks love," Y/N said as they kissed him on the cheek.

"No problem darling. Now let's eat. I'm hungry."

And so they ate, with comfortable silence and some conversation in between bites. Y/N knew that they needed to tell Harry more often but they weren't ready for another conversation like that.

Harry was always patient and understanding towards them even though he went through worse, before and after the war. 

And that's what Y/N appreciated about him. So in return, Y/N always made sure to make it up to him, no matter the circumstance.